Google Maps

SamSpade

Some years back, Google made the stupid ass decision for the maps to show light background for streets - making them nigh unto useless.
I can get directions, but it doesn't help that I can't see any other streets on the map.

IS there a way to change this? If you use Google maps, you know what I mean. I hate having to use MapQuest and other map sites, because everything wants to default to Google.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Some years back, Google made the stupid ass decision for the maps to show light background for streets - making them nigh unto useless.
I can get directions, but it doesn't help that I can't see any other streets on the map.

IS there a way to change this? If you use Google maps, you know what I mean. I hate having to use MapQuest and other map sites, because everything wants to default to Google.

Not sure what you mean. I use Google Maps all the time. Maybe I'm just used to it. Can you do a screen shot?

SamSpade

Not sure what you mean. I use Google Maps all the time. Maybe I'm just used to it. Can you do a screen shot?

Actually - I found a solution. My monitors all have a contrast setting that makes the roads look washed out, but you CAN get a Google Extension called "High Contrast" and it works great.