The Memo: Dangers ahead for Trump on Comey

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" On Friday, GOP dissent grew deeper when Sen. Dean Heller (R-Nev.) said the appointment of an independent prosecutor to look into alleged links between Trump associates and Russia “should be on the table,” if congressional probes into the matter encounter obstacles. Heller is up for re-election next year, and his seat is widely seen as the top Democratic target.

The Nevadan is one of about a dozen GOP senators who have expressed concern or criticism about the president’s actions.

Trump’s low approval ratings could also loosen the bond between him and his party colleagues on Capitol Hill. A Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday — and conducted almost entirely before the Comey controversy erupted — gave him an approval rating of just 36 percent among registered voters, with 58 percent disapproving.

Republican nerves were further frayed by a Friday morning tweetstorm from the president. Trump took aim at Comey, asserting that the fired FBI director “better hope that there are no ‘tapes’ of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-crazy-gop_us_59162dc5e4b00f308cf55361?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000016&section=politics

SamSpade

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can't appoint a special *prosecutor* unless there is anything resembling an actual *crime*.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can't appoint a special *prosecutor* unless there is anything resembling an actual *crime*.
It's not a Democrat in the White House… To Democrats that IS a crime.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Isn't it interesting to see the liberals - not to mention the ACLU - screaming for investigations to find a crime that there's no evidence of, but they are sure exists?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Isn't it interesting to see the liberals - not to mention the ACLU - screaming for investigations to find a crime that there's no evidence of, but they are sure exists?

I'd substitute words like "pathetic" for "interesting". Mindless drones.