Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ultra Light Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Little Orleans. Right at Fifteen Mile Creek and the Potomac.

Some folks said Paw Paw, WV got hit pretty good. That would make sense as it's a couple miles up river.
    Nice...looks like the worst of it kept pushing north. My old hometown in PA was flooded.

Smilin on a cloudy day wharf rat's Avatar
    The drum are back. Had the ultra light rigs going for spot and perch then a few of these popped our lines.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If it's got titties, or tires you know it's gonna be trouble. - Words of wisdom from my Uncle John.

Congrats!!!! awesome fishing.
    I use ultra light due to the muck for bowfishing , I am forced to use 6lb lines too however. I see fix as double for sneakers anyway.
    Last edited by Alfredapowell; 10-06-2017 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfredapowell View Post
    Congrats!!!! awesome fishing.
    I own 4 Kuying rods. I have both Teton Trout rods, a UL and a MH/H casting rod. I am a Major craft guy but refuse to leave my high dollar rods at my cabin, so I got these. With Fuji components and a Toray blank they are on par with some M/C rods. I'm sure the SUL will be hella fun for panfish, small bass and trout. It probably will be on par with the Teton Trout spin, whose action I'm not all that fond of. It is kind of noodley.
    You sound like a infomercial....
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Man, I'm still here !!!
    also has a gun range in Wy........................

I got to watch my son fight and land a large skate off our dock. He fought that thing for 30 minutes...It was awesome. That skate practically doubled over a 10' heavy action rod with 30 pound braid line.
    No more splitting Uranium for fun and profit, retirement is cool so far....

Smilin on a cloudy day wharf rat's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I got to watch my son fight and land a large skate off our dock. He fought that thing for 30 minutes...It was awesome. That skate practically doubled over a 10' heavy action rod with 30 pound braid line.

I would love to catch one on my own terms. I usually get 4-5 a year but always with a medium action (or less) rod with no more than 10lb test. Usually takes me over an hour to get them to beach only to have my line snap.
    If it's got titties, or tires you know it's gonna be trouble. - Words of wisdom from my Uncle John.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wharf rat View Post

I would love to catch one on my own terms. I usually get 4-5 a year but always with a medium action (or less) rod with no more than 10lb test. Usually takes me over an hour to get them to beach only to have my line snap.
    Do y'all eat the skate, and how do y'all cook it?
    I looked up skate and it said only the wings are eaten,
    Last edited by littlelady; 10-02-2017 at 12:41 AM.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Members who have read this thread: 42