Basement Repair

IMNEMT-B

Looking to hire a basement restoration/repair company. My walls leak when it rains and also a few wet spots coming up from the floor. I have tried painting with the water proofing sealant, but does not help much. Can someone please give me some recommendations from the southern Maryland area? TIA

steppinthrax

Looking to hire a basement restoration/repair company. My walls leak when it rains and also a few wet spots coming up from the floor. I have tried painting with the water proofing sealant, but does not help much. Can someone please give me some recommendations from the southern Maryland area? TIA

This is a complex issue and will depend mainly how your house is situation, age, foundation type etc... (1) I would check to see how your gutters discharge from your house, do you have leaky gutters and when it rains, does the water sit around your foundation. (2) If your soil slopes away from your foundation, I would try putting about 6 feet or so of poly plastic underneath the dirt around the house. This should prevent much of the water from getting there. (3) If none of those work, the last resort and most expensive is to dig a trench around the interior of your basement wall, set in a perc pipe and run it to a sump. Either you can hire a company to do it or you can do it yourself. I think last time I priced it for my house it was around 3K :eek:

jrtime

Try TBC Contractor Services in Charlotte Hall. Did a great job for me when i had a similar problem. 301-472-4847

keekee

Definitely look for drainage issues around your house, or at least ways to carry water away from the house.
We had the same problem. Re-grading / removing a lot of dirt and creating a swell into the ditches,
plus a front porch that kept water further away from the foundation fixed ours!

black dog

Free America
This is a complex issue and will depend mainly how your house is situation, age, foundation type etc... (1) I would check to see how your gutters discharge from your house, do you have leaky gutters and when it rains, does the water sit around your foundation. (2) If your soil slopes away from your foundation, This should prevent much of the water from getting there. (3) If none of those work, the last resort and most expensive is to dig a trench around the interior of your basement wall, set in a perc pipe and run it to a sump. Either you can hire a company to do it or you can do it yourself. I think last time I priced it for my house it was around 3K :eek:

Good advice above, in the years I installed a few thousand irrigation systems we also trenched a few hundred homes with 3 and 4" flexible pipe from the gutters and sump pump discharges. For starters you have to remove the water as far away from the home as possible. Otherwise you will just be recycling it from inside to outside and back inside again and again.
For drainage from the gutters and sump pump if you have one I would call Automatic Rain Lawn Sprinkler and have Charlie ( the owner ) stop by when he is in the area and give you a estimate if he can do anything for you.
If you use him he will have a crew swing by one afternoon after a regular installation and take care of you on the way back to the shop.
He will do a top shelf job with what he does. They have been putting pipe in the ground over 25 years.