Thank you, Lush, for going political

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You just saved me a bunch of money on your products.

Got a note from them in my email, subject: "Death is Not Justice". It read:

HALT ALL EXECUTIONS
More and more people, including lawmakers, are recognizing that the death penalty doesn't create safer communities, doesn't address the root causes of crime, is not applied fairly across the country, and exonerees are living proof that the system is flawed.

I have no idea why a fluffy bath and skin care company would want to jump in the fray, but I'm guessing they know their audience better than me. And now their customer list will be -1.

black dog

Free America
I've never understood why some companies and corporations voice their owners or boards opinions to the public. I would think they would just run their businesses and sell there products. Why you would alienate some of your​ clientele is beyond me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've never understood why some companies and corporations voice their owners or boards opinions to the public. I would think they would just run their businesses and sell there products. Why you would alienate some of your​ clientele is beyond me.

I'm guessing they either A) feel so strongly about their political beliefs that they feel the end justifies the means (which I'd actually respect); or B) the company is a hivemind and it doesn't occur to them that there might actually, you know, *be* other viewpoints. It could also be C) they only want progbot customers. Another option would be D) they want to influence their predominantly younger audience.

The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined toward D.

tommyjo

You mean like Chic Fil a and Hobby Lobby? Oh...those are ok because they support right wing causes...right?

black dog

Free America
You mean like Chic Fil a and Hobby Lobby? Oh...those are ok because they support right wing causes...right?

I didn't know that Christian beliefs were just right wing... Hummmmmmm..
I'm a believer in pro-gun, pro-choice / pro-abortion, does that make me a Liberal Democrat or a Conservitive Republican?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I cannot speak for Hobby Lobby because I'm a Michael's girl and don't frequent HL, but I'm a huge CFL fan and not one time have they ever sent me a political email, nor have I ever seen anything political in their stores or on their website.

So that wasn't even a nice try, Lose.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Yes, they are okay to spout anything they want also. Although neither have sent mailings out, or full-page editorials, or whatever decrying some social or political injustice about something.

Hobby Lobby didn't ask for any of the attention they got. Obamacare FORCED them to provide something that was against their beliefs. The owners are allowed to have their beliefs aren't they?

The only controversy I remember coming from Chic was that the owners dared to insult the world by admitting they are Christian for the reason they close on Sundays.

Let them all spout their beliefs and let the market decide who to glorify; I honestly don't give a damn.

Hijinx

Chic Fil-A. You get a good sandwich, quick service, and everyone there is so pleasant and competent.

I bet as much as she hates it even TJ gets lunch there once in a while.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Hobby Lobby ONLY made the news because the sued the Gov. to protect their rights, under the healthcare plan ..... Otherwise I was unaware of any poltical opinions they heald

as far as Chick a Fil - LBGTQ made a scene because the Owner gave his on money to a cause the objected to

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm guessing they either A) feel so strongly about their political beliefs that they feel the end justifies the means (which I'd actually respect); or B) the company is a hivemind and it doesn't occur to them that there might actually, you know, *be* other viewpoints. It could also be C) they only want progbot customers. Another option would be D) they want to influence their predominantly younger audience.

The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined toward D.

:yay: :yay:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

You mean they took advantage of their customer mailing list (the one most companies tell you they won't sell or use for other purposes except for the coupons and information about their products) and sent out political emails? :confused: