Jeep Cherokee

glhs837

Power with Control
Wife 2015 Trailhawk just passed 45K. Love it. Power is great, trans programming not perfect, but not a big enough issue to ding it for that. Tech is crazy good. Tows great. Biggest load so far was a 1998 3 series convertible from Baltimore, longest tow was an eight foot enclosed U'haul from Charleston SC to Richmond. Oil changes nice and easy, they left a good hole in the skidplate, replaceable paper canister oil filter nice and neat. Handles great for an SUV, visibilty good, not great. Tech toys and nannies work well, adaptive cruise, anti-collision braking, lane keeping. Engine Stop/Start, it doesnt bother me, but some people dont like it.

Lack of good places to toss your phone is one annoyance :)

PsyOps

Pixelated
Wife 2015 Trailhawk just passed 45K. Love it. Power is great, trans programming not perfect, but not a big enough issue to ding it for that. Tech is crazy good. Tows great. Biggest load so far was a 1998 3 series convertible from Baltimore, longest tow was an eight foot enclosed U'haul from Charleston SC to Richmond. Oil changes nice and easy, they left a good hole in the skidplate, replaceable paper canister oil filter nice and neat. Handles great for an SUV, visibilty good, not great. Tech toys and nannies work well, adaptive cruise, anti-collision braking, lane keeping. Engine Stop/Start, it doesnt bother me, but some people dont like it.

Lack of good places to toss your phone is one annoyance :)

Thanks for the comprehensive reply. :yay:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Psy, we have owned a Jeep Cherokee (2000) and, also, one of my bros (not sure the year). They were much older models, but really didn't give us/him much trouble at all. We gave the Cherokee to our dot. They use it as a second car now. I put it up there with my Toyota 4-runner (that I still own and drive), which is a beast; circa 2003. :yay:

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
The all new version started in 2014, LL. No connection with any of the older versions of the Cherokee.

littlelady

God bless the USA
The all new version started in 2014, LL. No connection with any of the older versions of the Cherokee.

Thanks. I am not a car woman or a fisher woman as I noted in a thread yesterday. :lol: All, I know is that our Cherokee was a great car. You know your cars/cycles. I would never argue with your knowledge. :notworthy: :smile:

glhs837

Power with Control
Very few, if any, of the generations of the Cherokee have not been workhorses. This latest one not so utilitarian, a bit more of a style statement, but once you allow for the compromises made for that styling, it's a pretty good setup. In our trim, the heaviest with the biggest motor, we average right around 20-22mpg. A bit higher on pure highway driving.

Clem72

I'm considering buying a Jeep Cherokee. Any owners out there have any opinions on it?

Solid vehicle. Overpriced, and you won't get the wrangler wave, but if you can afford one you will probably like it.

glhs837

Power with Control
Solid vehicle. Overpriced, and you won't get the wrangler wave, but if you can afford one you will probably like it.

Well, not overpriced compared to others in it's class, I don't think. Price out other vehicles in it's class and compare features and it comes in pretty well.

warneckutz

Well, not overpriced compared to others in it's class, I don't think. Price out other vehicles in it's class and compare features and it comes in pretty well.

Put a sticker on the windshield or lift it, you'll get the damn Wrangler Wave :lol:

PsyOps

Pixelated

The only one that appears to be the best challenger in its class is the Rav4. Where most of the add-ons are optional with the Cherokee are standard with the Rav4. But I am really trying to steer away from foreign makers.

Clem72

But I am really trying to steer away from foreign makers.

Better stay away from Italian owned companies incorporated in the Netherlands that assemble their vehicles in Toledo Ohio out of parts made in Changsha China.

glhs837

Power with Control
The only one that appears to be the best challenger in its class is the Rav4. Where most of the add-ons are optional with the Cherokee are standard with the Rav4. But I am really trying to steer away from foreign makers.

Meh, I care less about nationality than that the vehicle meets my needs and budget. I also care less about what's standard and not and see about pricing with equivalent features. For us, since the RAV4 offers nothing remotely like the Trailhawk, and nowhere near the towing capability, we didn't crosshop that.