Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeep Cherokee

Jeep Cherokee

I'm considering buying a Jeep Cherokee. Any owners out there have any opinions on it?
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Wife 2015 Trailhawk just passed 45K. Love it. Power is great, trans programming not perfect, but not a big enough issue to ding it for that. Tech is crazy good. Tows great. Biggest load so far was a 1998 3 series convertible from Baltimore, longest tow was an eight foot enclosed U'haul from Charleston SC to Richmond. Oil changes nice and easy, they left a good hole in the skidplate, replaceable paper canister oil filter nice and neat. Handles great for an SUV, visibilty good, not great. Tech toys and nannies work well, adaptive cruise, anti-collision braking, lane keeping. Engine Stop/Start, it doesnt bother me, but some people dont like it.

Lack of good places to toss your phone is one annoyance :)
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Wife 2015 Trailhawk just passed 45K. Love it. Power is great, trans programming not perfect, but not a big enough issue to ding it for that. Tech is crazy good. Tows great. Biggest load so far was a 1998 3 series convertible from Baltimore, longest tow was an eight foot enclosed U'haul from Charleston SC to Richmond. Oil changes nice and easy, they left a good hole in the skidplate, replaceable paper canister oil filter nice and neat. Handles great for an SUV, visibilty good, not great. Tech toys and nannies work well, adaptive cruise, anti-collision braking, lane keeping. Engine Stop/Start, it doesnt bother me, but some people dont like it.

Lack of good places to toss your phone is one annoyance :)
    Thanks for the comprehensive reply.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Psy, we have owned a Jeep Cherokee (2000) and, also, one of my bros (not sure the year). They were much older models, but really didn't give us/him much trouble at all. We gave the Cherokee to our dot. They use it as a second car now. I put it up there with my Toyota 4-runner (that I still own and drive), which is a beast; circa 2003.
    Last edited by littlelady; 05-15-2017 at 10:06 PM.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

The all new version started in 2014, LL. No connection with any of the older versions of the Cherokee.
    "I aim to misbehave."

The all new version started in 2014, LL. No connection with any of the older versions of the Cherokee.
    Thanks. I am not a car woman or a fisher woman as I noted in a thread yesterday. All, I know is that our Cherokee was a great car. You know your cars/cycles. I would never argue with your knowledge. :
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Very few, if any, of the generations of the Cherokee have not been workhorses. This latest one not so utilitarian, a bit more of a style statement, but once you allow for the compromises made for that styling, it's a pretty good setup. In our trim, the heaviest with the biggest motor, we average right around 20-22mpg. A bit higher on pure highway driving.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    I'm considering buying a Jeep Cherokee. Any owners out there have any opinions on it?
    Solid vehicle. Overpriced, and you won't get the wrangler wave, but if you can afford one you will probably like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    Solid vehicle. Overpriced, and you won't get the wrangler wave, but if you can afford one you will probably like it.

Well, not overpriced compared to others in it's class, I don't think. Price out other vehicles in it's class and compare features and it comes in pretty well.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    Well, not overpriced compared to others in it's class, I don't think. Price out other vehicles in it's class and compare features and it comes in pretty well.
    Put a sticker on the windshield or lift it, you'll get the damn Wrangler Wave
    Listen to me now, and believe me later: it doesn't matter how much you pump up those muscles, as long as you reach the full pumptential.

It's not 'roids but thanks for noticing...

Members who have read this thread: 51