Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: using smart phone apps to save money

Quote Originally Posted by Bman View Post
    I'm not a spammer, I live in the White Sands subdivision in Lusby.
    That's exactly what a spammer would say. I'm on to you...

oh yea, we get 1.5% back on all charges on our Capitol one visa. We use it for all of our purchases and utilities and we usually get over $500 per year from them and use it towards our vacation.

Where do you get your coupons? I get a few at the register at Giant and a few from inside of the packages of certain products but we don't subscribe to any newspapers so we really don't get many. BJ's always has coupons books but it kind of pisses me off to have to clip coupons from BJ's when we pay an annual membership fee to shop there.
    I have a BJs card but rarely shop there (maybe 4 or 5 times a year) I was in there the other day and saw two woman huddled over their cart clipping coupons from the BJ's book. What a hassle! I usually shop at Costco and they have those savings books also but you don't need to clip the coupon. You just buy the item and the coupon/discount amount is automatically removed at the register.
    "You die and go to heaven, I'll stay here in Bermuda".

Clem72, a spammer like me just doesn't stand a chance around here. Since you've only been a member for about a year how can we be sure it isn't you that is up to no good? I bet you live way up in Anne Arundel or even worse...PG county

I'm glad it's not just me that gets annoyed by the BJ'S coupon hassle. My wife thinks I'm crazy and that those coupons save us money. They only save money when you see them in the book and remember to use them.
    Last edited by Bman; 05-16-2017 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Forgot additional text.

Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    The OP probably didn't make it clear, but the app he is talking about is for shopping at physical retail stores. You look through the app, check the items you are interested in, buy them at the store, then take a picture of your receipt.

It's basically using electronic coupons.

That said, this guy just joined the forum so it's probably a spammer trying to get lots of sign up bonuses who doesn't live local.
    I understand what you are saying, but I said I have a dumb phone so I can't do the scan app thing. I can't take my hub's I-phone because it is his biz phone. Thanks for the explanation, though. And, I disagree, I think Bman is legit; he is just new. Did you witness my initiation back in the day?
    Like I said, JMO, yo! - Roman

oh yea, we get 1.5% back on all charges on our Capitol one visa. We use it for all of our purchases and utilities and we usually get over $500 per year from them and use it towards our vacation.

Where do you get your coupons? I get a few at the register at Giant and a few from inside of the packages of certain products but we don't subscribe to any newspapers so we really don't get many. BJ's always has coupons books but it kind of pisses me off to have to clip coupons from BJ's when we pay an annual membership fee to shop there.
    Different sources. The grocery store weekly flyers. I shop Safeway and Giant. Never have done BJs or Costco. S and G, also, have in store mags that are published periodically that have coupons. Coupon websites. Here is a bing search for you: http://www.bing.com/search?q=grocery...conversationid=

And, like you said, the coupons that I get when checking out at the register. Also, don't tell anybody but we used to get the WaPo back in the day that had great coupons, but we got sick of their political slant, so we cancelled. They hounded us forever to subscribe again, so for 97 cents a week, I finally gave in and subscribed again for the Sunday paper. Got to spend a little money to make money. Kind of like the stock market. Anyway, between all of that, I save 40 to 80 dollars/month; depending. And, if I didn't have a new full time job that I don't get paid for(babysitting my first grandchild), I might be saving more! Happy shopping! And, welcome to the forum!

Two more things: S and G have websites, and if you sign in to join, they have other savings offers that can be added directly to your shoppers card, and some products have coupons on the outside. It is always a surprise. That's all.
    Last edited by littlelady; 05-17-2017 at 02:58 AM.

I didn't know about going to the Safeway & Giant web sites to add stuff to your card, I will have to check that out. Thanks littlelady!

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Groupon
    We used Groupon when we went to an escape room in Scottsdale, AZ earlier this year. That was so much fun, we did a James Bond themed room and got out with about 8 minutes to spare.

If I may ...

I'm not a spammer, I live in the White Sands subdivision in Lusby.
    No one ever, who lives in Calvert County, says, "the White Sands subdivision in Lusby". Ever. It's always just White Sands. And these gimmicks you say you are using cost more in time than the savings they promise. And anyone that loads these kind of apps on their phone, well, I bet there must be a hundred permissions given for everything to include tracking, contacts list, etc. etc. etc. Just don't do it. It is not worth the hassle and loss of privacy.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Not to mention "Bman" never returned to his "cutting out sodas" thread. If you don't want to answer anyone's questions that are trying to help you, just say you'd rather not answer.

Quote Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
    Not to mention "Bman" never returned to his "cutting out sodas" thread. If you don't want to answer anyone's questions that are trying to help you, just say you'd rather not answer.
    You and LR must be really bored.

Members who have read this thread: 51