Roseanne sitcom to be revived in 2018

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-39944321

Most of its original cast will return for next year's eight-episode revival.

It becomes one of a slate of TV series being revived, including Will & Grace, Twin Peaks, The X Files, 24, Prison Break and The Gilmore Girls.

Roseanne aired for nine seasons in the late 1980s and through the 1990s.

Original cast members Roseanne Barr (Roseanne), John Goodman (Dan), Sara Gilbert (Darlene), Laurie Metcalf (Jackie), Michael Fishman (D.J.) and Lecy Goranson (Becky) have all been confirmed.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Did John Goodman's character die on the show?? I didn't watch towards the end of the show. Once they became rich, it lost my interest.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Okay this show's had three chances now, their acting has went from bad to complete crap.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Okay this show's had three chances now, their acting has went from bad to complete crap.

Interesting take. I have only seen short clips and my immediate impression was that I didn't see evidence supporting all the raves.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Interesting take. I have only seen short clips and my immediate impression was that I didn't see evidence supporting all the raves.

In all, it's just a retread of the original with a middle-class MAGA insert.

It likely won't make season 2, as that isn't gonna be enough to hold an audience.

They should have left Last Man Standing on instead.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
In all, it's just a retread of the original with a middle-class MAGA insert.

It likely won't make season 2, as that isn't gonna be enough to hold an audience.

They should have left Last Man Standing on instead.
I agree. Last Man is great.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I enjoyed the first two episodes, but I *wanted* to enjoy them too, so that may have colored my perception. I thought the girl-dressing kid was clunky, and the jokes about Darlene being a lesbian were awkward. Since Darlene is a lesbian in real life, they should have just made her a lesbian on the show. She was always my favorite character anyway. I did like the way they made DJ have a black child without going into some long clunky explanation of how that happened - they presume the audience is smart enough to figure it out, which I appreciate.

Watching was like visiting with old friends - "So what have you guys been up to?" It may or may not have anything to offer beyond that. I ordered the full season on Amazon and haven't watched the latest episode yet - probably tonight - so we'll see. What it did trigger was getting the original Roseanne, and those hold up pretty well.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Everyone seems to think this is a political show - it's not. The latest episode explored Darlene's challenges with parenting and the stress of living with her parents at her age. There's a lot of material for that show.

It's no Modern Family, but it's way better than most of the crap that's on TV these days.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Everyone seems to think this is a political show - it's not. The latest episode explored Darlene's challenges with parenting and the stress of living with her parents at her age. There's a lot of material for that show.

It's no Modern Family, but it's way better than most of the crap that's on TV these days.

I don't think it's political.

I think the political dialog in Ep1 was just a "hot button" they could use as a gag to get it rolling.

Kind of amusing to see the sister play the pussy hat wearing zealot on this show and the quiet conservative church lady on Big Bang. :lol: