Show Me the Memos!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So, yeah, we've got another 5 p.m. release of a Big Big Story based on anonymous sources who didn't show the Times reporter the memo, but just read some selected parts of it. Being "one of Mr. Comey's associates," of course, makes the source completely credible.

Well, no, I don't trust these 5 p.m. "bombshells." I don't trust anonymous sources who are associates of a guy who was just fired for non-performance, and I don't trust reports based on parts of a memo read to a reporter by this anonymous source.

And I say, show me the memos!

Look, as I seem to end up saying over and over again, these 5 p.m. bombshells don't have a very good record of working out. Usually, they turn out to be stories where, with a modicum of critical thinking, you'd see that the story looks pretty questionable. In yesterday's story, for example, we were supposed to believe that Trump blew significant intelligence to the Russians in the presence of the secretary of state, the national security advisor, and a deputy national security advisor—none of whom tried to interrupt or stop him—based on an account of the meeting from an anonymous source who wasn't actually there.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/05/16/show-me-the-memos/

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Funny how all this "fluff and outrage" is manufactured just as the story breaks regarding the DNC staffer that was assassinated for leaking embarrassing emails to Wikileaks. Ain't it? :coffee:

Chris0nllyn

It should come out soon enough. Chaffetz just asked the FBI for them. If that doesn't work, a subpoena will.

It's government. Nothing gets done fast and efficiently.

Midnightrider

Funny how all this "fluff and outrage" is manufactured just as the story breaks regarding the DNC staffer that was assassinated for leaking embarrassing emails to Wikileaks. Ain't it? :coffee:

where is your link to the proof of that Mo? if there are thousands of emails you should be able to link to one, right mo?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's government. Nothing gets done fast and efficiently.

Which is just bull####. I think that's where Trump is getting trampled - he's a results guy who's used to having things done expediently and efficiently. Most businesses don't need to have numerable meetings and reports over a period of months in order to make a simple decision.

Chaffetz asked the FBI for the documents, they should be on his desk within two hours. Why is that hard and why would they stall? "Oh, I'm sorry, we must first consult with our lawyer as to whether or not we should turn over evidence to support the accusations we're making. He's out to lunch right now...or maybe in Switzerland...but we'll have those to you in about a year or so. That okay?"

It's bull####. Comey made the accusation and started a #### storm, now he needs to put up or shut up.

Chris0nllyn

Which is just bull####. I think that's where Trump is getting trampled - he's a results guy who's used to having things done expediently and efficiently. Most businesses don't need to have numerable meetings and reports over a period of months in order to make a simple decision.

Chaffetz asked the FBI for the documents, they should be on his desk within two hours. Why is that hard and why would they stall? "Oh, I'm sorry, we must first consult with our lawyer as to whether or not we should turn over evidence to support the accusations we're making. He's out to lunch right now...or maybe in Switzerland...but we'll have those to you in about a year or so. That okay?"

It's bull####. Comey made the accusation and started a #### storm, now he needs to put up or shut up.

It's government. It's what we've collectively been voting for for decades. What do you expect? Trump hasn't shown any signs of wanting to downsize government, or increase governmental efficiency.

Hell, I was watching a story last night where the fire station at the Pentagon (destroyed on 9/11) still hasn't been rebuilt. It took 10 years for Congress to approve funding, then when their estimates were way under what the bids were, they surrendered the funding. Almost 16 years later, and govt. can't even rebuilt a single fire station. (this story was on NBC, so it's probably fake news)
http://www.nbcwashington.com/invest...t-for-Station-Destroyed-on-911-422637124.html