House Air Duct cleaning

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Years ago in our 1st home here I had our air ducts cleaned. This was 25 years ago so I don't remember the company name.... but I believe the company was located in the Mechanicsville area I want to get it done in this house after our new flooring is installed.. I do know Servpro does it. (Not fond of them) But I want the company to have it's vacumn on a truck and I DON'T want holes cut in the duct work to get it done!!!

Any recommendations?

officeguy

I had Olympic Aire do it. It was part of other work and I don't remember what they charged. They worked very clean, didn't break any of the registers. Interesting how much stuff you can find in the ductwork.

Smith

http://www.ductz.com/contact-us/location-map/maryland/ductz-of-southern-maryland/ I've had them clean my 35-ft. dryer vent, and they did a great job.

...and I DON'T want holes cut in the duct work to get it done!!!

Not sure what your reason is, but some access holes will be needed to properly clean the trunk lines. Beware of any companies that states otherwise. You should only need a few depending on the design of your system, and a reputable company will install and seal sheet metal covers on all holes.

http://www.ductz.com/contact-us/location-map/maryland/ductz-of-southern-maryland/ I've had them clean my 35-ft. dryer vent, and they did a great job.

Not sure what your reason is, but some access holes will be needed to properly clean the trunk lines. Beware of any companies that states otherwise. You should only need a few depending on the design of your system, and a reputable company will install and seal sheet metal covers on all holes.

waste of time and money...

munacra

We change our filters every 6 months for the past 18 years and our ducts look like an operating room!!! Ultra clean...

Smith

waste of time and money...

Most of the time that is true, but I've seen some pretty bad ones when I worked for a duct cleaning company 25 years ago. Mostly those were fairly old houses. Once a layer of crud forms the build-up accelerates due to the increased friction. Low volume blower motors and inadequate filters also factored in.

Suz

just change the filters when they look dirty

We change ours monthly

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency says duct cleaning is not necessary, unless you have an allergy.

I am allergic to dust (my entire life). I have also developed eczema and dust aggravates the hell out of it. In addition to having a dog with intense dander.

Thanks for all the responses everyone!!!

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
We change ours monthly

I am allergic to dust (my entire life). I have also developed eczema and dust aggravates the hell out of it. In addition to having a dog with intense dander.

Thanks for all the responses everyone!!!
Please let us know how it goes and who you go with.
I would be interested in knowing how it goes and may like to give it a shot.
We have a dog and 5 cats.

Suz

Please let us know how it goes and who you go with.
I would be interested in knowing how it goes and may like to give it a shot.
We have a dog and 5 cats.

I will! But it will be awhile. Have to get the renovations done first. Duct cleaning will be last.