A lot going on - let's recap

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Trump is currently in hot water because:

He warned the Russians that ISIS was planning terrorist attacks using laptops. Supposedly this information was classified, even though it had been all over the news.

He allegedly asked the FBI director if the investigation against Gen. Flynn could be tabled. Apparently asking a question for information purposes is the same as demanding an outcome.

He then fired James Comey on the recommendation of his Dep. Atty Gen. This is bad because Trump later remarked that he was going to fire Comey anyway, before Rosenstein made his recommendation. Oh, and Trump and Rosenstein had different reasons to want Comey gone - apparently that's bad and they should have had the same reason.

Is that it? Seems to me there's something else...

PsyOps

Pixelated
My take on this whole thing is... Trump is reckless when commenting on this stuff. This makes it easy for the left to go after him. I happen to believe the White House is in chaos. Leaks, comments that contradict other comments, hiring questionable people just to turn around and fire them... if this is all part of 'draining the swamp', I'd like to know what not draining the swamp looks like; because I can't tell the difference.

It seems Trump doesn't understand the left and the MSM are aimed at destroying him; yet he keeps giving them ammo to do so.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My take on this whole thing is... Trump is reckless when commenting on this stuff.

I have a different perspective. It appears to me that no matter what Trump says, the press will twist it and turn it into whatever they want it to be. I have countless examples - how many do you want? Trump doesn't need to give them ammo; they make their own reloads.

That's what the narrative has become: the press makes up crap and attributes it to Trump, but it's Trump's own fault because he says things that they can twist and spin.

I'm surprised and disappointed that you've bought into that.

Chris0nllyn

Trump is currently in hot water because:

He warned the Russians that ISIS was planning terrorist attacks using laptops. Supposedly this information was classified, even though it had been all over the news. Trump, having no idea where the info came from, gave Russia someone else's intelligence info, including the city it was gathered in. Potentially giving Russia the ability to find our intelligence partner in the area. Also potentially alerting Russia to intelligence gathering in the area (on them). You make it sound like Trump repeated the laptop thing. That doesn't seem to be the case. Of course, we'll all bitch over the details, and never know because the official memo of the meeting doesn't mention this at all, in any respect.

He allegedly asked the FBI director if the investigation against Gen. Flynn could be tabled. Apparently asking a question for information purposes is the same as demanding an outcome. Depending on who you believe, this meeting took place the day after Flynn resigned and Trump supposedly said “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey, according to the memo. “He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

He then fired James Comey on the recommendation of his Dep. Atty Gen. This is bad because Trump later remarked that he was going to fire Comey anyway, before Rosenstein made his recommendation. Oh, and Trump and Rosenstein had different reasons to want Comey gone - apparently that's bad and they should have had the same reason. Spicer, Pence, and Conway all said Rosenstein was the guy "It was all him" that recommended the firing. That is was "no one from the White House. That was a DOJ decision." Days later, however, Trump went on national TV in an interview with NBC and said "When I decided to just do it I said to myself, I said, 'You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story,'" contradicting the idea that the firing was a DOJ decision, it did, in fact, come from the White house, and was not solely based on Clinton's e-mail handling as pointed out in Rosenstein's memo, but at least partly because of "...this Russia thing with Trump and Russia..."

Is that it? Seems to me there's something else...

Besides missing a few key facts, yes.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I know you want to be cool and all, nitpicking people's posts, adding no substance, but the items I added can easily be found, if you choose. They aren't narratives and talking points.

They are indeed narratives and talking points. They are what the left wing press has decided what happened. They weren't there for any of this and are insisting that you take the word of some "unnamed source" as the gospel. And you are happy to oblige.

So yes, what you're seeing all over the progpress are narratives and talking points. They are not facts, because facts are things that are indisputably true and not simply opinion and conjecture.

Chris0nllyn

Sure they are. You just want to re-badge them because they are ones that you like. It's OK. :patonhead:

They are indeed narratives and talking points. They are what the left wing press has decided what happened. They weren't there for any of this and are insisting that you take the word of some "unnamed source" as the gospel. And you are happy to oblige.

So yes, what you're seeing all over the progpress are narratives and talking points. They are not facts, because facts are things that are indisputably true and not simply opinion and conjecture.

Tell me, how are Trump's own words. Spicer's, Conway's, Pence's own words talking points? How are contradicting statements (you know, actual words) talking points? These aren't unnamed sources and just because more than one person is talking about it doesn't make it false.

I'm curious in what universe official statements, interviews, and memos are not facts.

Again, it really depends on what you all want to believe. Especially with the Russian meeting (not that anyone from the US press was allowed), buit if simplifying a complex issue into a meme or single sentence works for your understanding, I won't stand in your way.

Sapidus

Your excuses get more and more pathetic every time you try to defend his behavior.

They have a source inside the White House who is telling them these things. ( See trumps statements on stopping the leaks for verification the leak is coming from inside the White House) The press is reporting what the leakers are saying. They are not making these stories up, they are not intent on destroying Trump they are reporting the inside story of a inept President and a White house in chaos. Unnamed sources are often quoted by both sides in the press you know that and I know that.

Toxick

Splat
My take on this whole thing is... Trump is reckless when commenting on this stuff. This makes it easy for the left to go after him. I happen to believe the White House is in chaos. Leaks, comments that contradict other comments, hiring questionable people just to turn around and fire them... if this is all part of 'draining the swamp', I'd like to know what not draining the swamp looks like; because I can't tell the difference.

It seems Trump doesn't understand the left and the MSM are aimed at destroying him; yet he keeps giving them ammo to do so.

The only thing about this post that I disagree with is: nothing .