Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DIY traders. Jump in with some limit buys.

No thanks, I pay one of those College boys that mommy and daddy paid big bucks to get that ivy league education.
    He has done well for me that past 25 years or so. Thanks Clay.

I would equate me picking good investments in the market to my non mechanical doctor telling me on how to use my hay bailer.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWhat View Post
    You are still paying for those transactions.
    At Fidelity it's nominal - not worth worrying about. So far they've made way more money for me than they've charged for their service, so I'm happy.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    I would equate me picking good investments in the market to my non mechanical doctor telling me on how to use my hay bailer.
    That's me, too. I don't know much about it, I don't have an interest in learning beyond the basics. Just like I'm happy to pay the car mechanic to change my oil and do my brakes, I'm happy to pay Fidelity to grow my money.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    That's me, too. I don't know much about it, I don't have an interest in learning beyond the basics. Just like I'm happy to pay the car mechanic to change my oil and do my brakes, I'm happy to pay Fidelity to grow my money.
    Yep... It's tough to beat a man or woman at their own game.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

At Fidelity it's nominal - not worth worrying about. So far they've made way more money for me than they've charged for their service, so I'm happy.
    I was commenting to MAD.
    I use Charles Schwab when I purchase or sell stocks.
    It is just play money. Make a couple K, lose a couple, who cares.

I would never mess with my retirement account. I leave that to the professionals.

Man, I'm still here !!!
    Fidelity is 4.95 per trade, no matter if its a 2000 or 1000000 transaction....

Quote Originally Posted by MADPEBS1 View Post
    Fidelity is 4.95 per trade, no matter if its a 2000 or 1000000 transaction....
    They are all about the same.
    I think I pay 4.95 too.

Man, I'm still here !!!
    I use Fidelity too, have the right AA for my very low risk aversion and am happy. I selected along with my fid rep my selection of Large, Med, Small funds along with Int and bonds....

i just dont understand the shuffling around twice a month ....

Uh, okay...

Quote Originally Posted by DoWhat View Post
    Stocks:
    SCSS
    TGB

Look em up.
    I did.

It's easy to pick winners if you're looking at only their recent past. Look further back and they did not perform so well. Picking sectors, industries, businesses and gauging their performance by EPS, Rev / quarter, etc is a popular common approach. Brokers love to throw those meaningless calculations & buzzwords around to intimidate their prospects. TGB and SCSS aren't big caps. I want only want the biggest corps because they are the 'safest'.

I don't pick stocks. I pick events. If some whackos slam planes into high rise buildings, your stock is going down I don't care what it is. Rev/quarter, EPS, debt to equity, industry, sector, past performance become meaningless. Likewise, if someone finds a cure for old age, stocks are going up... related or not. Look at the DOW when Trump was elected. Most of the big financial gurus said we were in for a fall. Instead, it was a meteoric rise. So much for experts.

The price of stocks are determined by what the owners are willing to sell them for and what buyers are willing to pay. Nothing more. Events are influential. I buy and sell boring safe big corp stocks by events.

It's just my approach... and I'm sticking with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scss.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	118625   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tgb.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	118626  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MADPEBS1 View Post
    i just dont understand the shuffling around twice a month ....
    My most recent trade confirmation shows selling shares that were on a downward trend, and buying stocks that are on the rise. I can look at my positions online and see a trend developing, and pretty much know what will be sold soon so that money can be put into something else. Then I'll see a nice little rise in my summary graph, which always makes me happy.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 50