Chaos in Times Square

Clem72

I notice they said more than once that the man was 27 years old, but didn't mention name or national origin or religion. I guess they want to make sure we know it's not a case of another octogenarian stepping on the wrong pedal and mowing down a crowd, but don't want to sound racist either.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I notice they said more than once that the man was 27 years old, but didn't mention name or national origin or religion. I guess they want to make sure we know it's not a case of another octogenarian stepping on the wrong pedal and mowing down a crowd, but don't want to sound racist either.

A couple sites are reporting that the driver has multiple DUI convictions.

Hijinx

I don't have a problem with taking a drink once in a while.
But drunk driving is something that should not be tolerated.
Too many people have gotten drunk driving convictions paid their fine maybe even served a few days in jail, and gone back to the booze.

A person such as this with multiple DUI's should be charged with 1st degree murder, as they drove a vehicle drunk with no thought for the lives of their victims.
Yes 1st degree murder. Not manslaughter or some other charge that will give them 30 days. Put them away for life.
He took a life and how many lives has he destroyed.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

SamSpade

I don't have a problem with taking a drink once in a while.
But drunk driving is something that should not be tolerated.
Too many people have gotten drunk driving convictions paid their fine maybe even served a few days in jail, and gone back to the booze.

A person such as this with multiple DUI's should be charged with 1st degree murder, as they drove a vehicle drunk with no thought for the lives of their victims.
Yes 1st degree murder. Not manslaughter or some other charge that will give them 30 days. Put them away for life.
He took a life and how many lives has he destroyed.

Agreed - but people like my supervisor - and a few others - get IRATE over anything to punish drunk drivers.

And underneath, the motivation is exactly as you'd suspect - they drink and drive and sometimes get caught.
They each think - it's no big deal.

I don't understand where that thinking comes from. I mean, I KNOW where it does, I just don't understand it.