Erdogan Body Guards

Clem72

Did I miss it, or has no one posted about Erdogan's bodyguards attacking US citizens protesting his meeting with the president? I don't know that much about the reason for the protest, but I do know that foreigners attacking non-violent US citizens for voicing their opinion is not something we are generally okay with.

The only people arrested were two of the protestors, despite several videos that show the Erdogan's people starting the fight and chasing after / attacking protestors who aren't fighting back (unless crawling into the fetal position while being kicked in the face counts as assault against the attackers foot).

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/1...ltercation-outside-turkish-embassy-in-dc.html
"We witnessed what appeared to be a brutal attack on peaceful protesters," a police official said on Wednesday.

Clem72

Good old diplomatic immunity. Watch and see.

Will probably be claimed, but I think they could be made an example of. They are not diplomats nor members of an embassies staff (A rank diplomat visa), they are almost certainly a G1 or G2 visa.

Personally, I would like to see him and his staff barred from the country and some sanctions until we get on official apology and admission of guilt.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
In the video, it was clear that the DC police made zero attempt to arrest or detain any of Turkish embassy thugs. Even as one was kicking a guy in the head, the officer only tried to push him away.

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
When I saw the video it looked like they were filming a movie. Then found out it was the real deal. Ouch.

Chris0nllyn

The protestors were Kurds. Turks hate the Kurds and consider them the terrorists.

Not sure what led to the fight, but I agree the DC Police looked lost in trying to contain the madness.

Clem72

The protestors were Kurds. Turks hate the Kurds and consider them the terrorists.

Not sure what led to the fight, but I agree the DC Police looked lost in trying to contain the madness.

No doubt, but this is America not Turkey, and presumably these were Kurds in the US legally or were US citizens.

glhs837

Power with Control

Went there around 92, our briefing included such fun facts as "If you see a police officer in a sidewak café, do NOT stop there, there have been incidents of drivebys on cops in cafes." and mention that the most recent exchange had been the police burning down a houseful of them after they had put poison in a police station rooftop water tank, killing a number of officers.