Pool Memberships

luvmygdaughters

Does anyone know if there are any campgrounds, motels, etc. that offer pool memberships? I know when I first moved into the county, there was a motel on 235, close to the base, that would let you swim for the day, for a small fee.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
When my kids were still little, I'd buy the summer membership for them at the marina in Town Creek. It was a very nice pool, and within walking/bicycle riding distance from their house.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Does anyone know if there are any campgrounds, motels, etc. that offer pool memberships? I know when I first moved into the county, there was a motel on 235, close to the base, that would let you swim for the day, for a small fee.

St Mary's College pool is open to the public.. you can buy a monthly or yearly membership $$$$ OR pay as you go day by day (much cheaper option)..

luvmygdaughters

More interested for when my granddaughters visit. College is a little too far and not to sure about the Great Mills members, heard some horror stories from people who had been robbed going to and from the parking lot.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

That's a blast from the past!

When my kids were still little, I'd buy the summer membership for them at the marina in Town Creek. It was a very nice pool, and within walking/bicycle riding distance from their house.

You can still do that, but it's expensive and crowded. Seems to me the number of memberships were limited, too.

awpitt

Main Streeter
More interested for when my granddaughters visit. College is a little too far and not to sure about the Great Mills members, heard some horror stories from people who had been robbed going to and from the parking lot.

Great Mills pool is fine. I go there quite a bit during the summer. No problems at all. Don't be discouraged by the exaggerated horror stories some people tell.

mitzi

No membership, but affordable for the day is Cove Point. Two pools, 1 geared for little ones and a regular pool with diving boards. I took my grandson a few times last summer. We had a good time.

luvmygdaughters

No membership, but affordable for the day is Cove Point. Two pools, 1 geared for little ones and a regular pool with diving boards. I took my grandson a few times last summer. We had a good time.

Thanks, I always forget about that place!!