this will flop

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
First Look: CW’s ‘Dynasty’ Reboot Varies In Significant Ways From Campy Original

The trailer also showed a lot of what we loved about the original — the huge mansion that seemed to go on for days, lots of sex, drinking, adultery, opulence, private planes, designer clothes (when clothes are actually worn), cat-fighting, bitchy dialog, threats, blackmail and … did we mention sex? And if this trailer is any indication, there are writers who grew up loving the original who will force the censors hands with as many double entendres as they can cram into an hour of television.

Brother Steven is still gay and apparently horny. This time, randy Sammy Jo is a boy! (Sorry Heather Locklear!) Another difference in this series — Steven is decidedly gay and not ambiguous and he kisses men. A lot.

In addition to Show as the patriarch (are we that old?) Elizabeth Gillies, James Mackay, Nathalie Kelley, Alan Dale, Robert Christopher Riley, Sam Adegoke and Rafael de la Fuente round out the cast.

SamSpade

How many TV reboots have been successful?
And I know there have been LOTS of American versions of British shows that became hits - The Office, for one.

But I mean reboots in the actual sense. Hawaii Five O and Battlestar Galactica are two successes that come to mind.

But there have been SO MANY bad reboots. Dallas. Charlie's Angels. Dragnet. Get Smart. Bionic Woman. Love Boat. Ironside.
A LOT more than barely made it past two or three episodes. Just about every major hit you can remember has at least been attempted.

And then there's "sequels" - continuations of the old show in new form AfterMASH. Still the Beaver. The Munsters Today. The Bradys.

IT. DOESN'T. WORK.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I was thinking of the attempt to force more 'gay' characters on the TV Viewers ....
because 'gay' just to be gay works out so well ....

but yeah, most reboots fail

PeoplesElbow

How many TV reboots have been successful?
And I know there have been LOTS of American versions of British shows that became hits - The Office, for one.

But I mean reboots in the actual sense. Hawaii Five O and Battlestar Galactica are two successes that come to mind.

But there have been SO MANY bad reboots. Dallas. Charlie's Angels. Dragnet. Get Smart. Bionic Woman. Love Boat. Ironside.
A LOT more than barely made it past two or three episodes. Just about every major hit you can remember has at least been attempted.

And then there's "sequels" - continuations of the old show in new form AfterMASH. Still the Beaver. The Munsters Today. The Bradys.

IT. DOESN'T. WORK.

Fraiser was an excellent continuation of Cheers. Better call Saul is a great prequel to Breaking Bad.

Then you have all the Law and Order, CSI, and NCIS variants. The reboot of the X-Files was a major disappointment, but then again the last few seasons of the X-Files was disappointing.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'd really like to checkout the reboot of Twin Peaks. Unfortunately I'm not willing to pay for Showtime.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'd really like to checkout the reboot of Twin Peaks. Unfortunately I'm not willing to pay for Showtime.

I watched the original on TV and re-watched it on Netflix. I am sad if it is on Showtime. I don't get any of those paid movie channels.

PeoplesElbow

May be too late, or depending on who/what you use for cable but there is a free preview of showtime this weekend.