Concerts at Calvert Marine Museum

SamSpade

I've never gone - seems like by the time I decide, or gamble I can find a babysitter - it's sold out.

For those who have - anything to add? I think I want to go to one this year with my wife.

Just - your observations. Get there early? Parking? Cramped seats? Rain? View of the stage?

There have been a LOT of past concerts I really wish I'd made the effort to see. Want to know if it's worth the ticket price.

I've never gone - seems like by the time I decide, or gamble I can find a babysitter - it's sold out.

For those who have - anything to add? I think I want to go to one this year with my wife.

Just - your observations. Get there early? Parking? Cramped seats? Rain? View of the stage?

There have been a LOT of past concerts I really wish I'd made the effort to see. Want to know if it's worth the ticket price.
They sell assigned seat tickets which means your seat is available whenever you show up as long as you have your ticket as proof it is your seat. These seats are all facing the stage and there isn't really a bad seat if you are there to sit and watch. If you are a "pop up" dancer kind of viewer you will annoy those behind you that paid to sit and watch the show and will most like be expected to sit back down or go out to the general admission area and dance.

They also sell cheaper general admission for those that want to mingle/dance/don't mind snagging a spot on the lawn behind the paid seats knowing folks will always be walking/dancing between you and the stage and you won't always see the performer. If you want a set spot in general admission you will want to get there early to stake a claim. if you meander or mingle it doesn't matter when you show up.

They usually have plenty of assistants on hand to guide with parking. Expect field parking which means mud if there has been recent rain accumulation.

Hank

my war
I think it is a great place to see a show. Parking was easy (we parked at Solomons Med Ctr lot). Seats are not cramped. There really isn't a bad seat, but I like to be up front. If you become a Calvert Marine Member you get first dibs at tix, so I usually got within first five rows. If it rains, you get rained on. All in all, worth it.

Grumpy

Stage is covered, rain or shine, the show goes on. Saw Travis Tritt in the rain a while back (pretty miserable). Only time I sat in my seat was when we had 2nd row seats for Pat Benatar, usually stand off the side.

Oh... and I think if it's someone you really want to see than it is most certainly worth the ticket price mainly because of the location. It's worth the extra premium pricing vs. Paying $20 to see a band in Baltimore or Annapolis and factoring in the drive time, extra money for parking... etc.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Been to many concerts (and comedians) there over the years and thoroughly enjoyed every one. Always parked in the field across the road. Gets a bit crowed sometimes..the lines for the food, beer and bathrooms can get pretty long.

As Hank noted, it's very worthwhile to become a member; we always end up with seats reasonably close to the front and near the center. In most cases we always snag aisle seats too.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
great venue, i either volunter or buy cheap general admin ticket. I like to mingle around, you'll see people you haven't seen in 20 yars.................