Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Those darn Democrats

  1. #1
    Registered User Grumpy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Loveville
    Posts
    1,735

    Those darn Democrats

    Bob Beckel was terminated today for making an insensitive remark to an African-American employee," the network said in a statement.

    Linkee

  2. #2
    Damn... I was hoping I'd get to see Eric Bolling back-hand him out of his stool one day!


  3. #3
    Registered User Grumpy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Loveville
    Posts
    1,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Damn... I was hoping I'd get to see Eric Bolling back-hand him out of his stool one day!

    You too??

    Came ohsoclose to seeing Bolling smack the hell out of Geraldo last winter(?) Honestly thought they were gonna come to blows.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21,859
    I am no friend of Bob Beckel. In fact in can't stand him.
    But isn't it getting a bit outlandish when you have to be so careful of what you say that you cannot even speak to the janitor without fear?

    Replacing him with Juan Williams. Peeeeeeyou, That really stinks. Replacing Beckel with a flaming black bigot.
    Yeah, that should help the ratings.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    You too??

    Came ohsoclose to seeing Bolling smack the hell out of Geraldo last winter(?) Honestly thought they were gonna come to blows.
    I remember that one.

    It would only have been one swing on Bollings part and Geraldo would have been toast.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21,859
    By the way it's kind of hard to judge the extent of the racial remark, when we don't know what it was.

  7. #7
    Registered User Grumpy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Loveville
    Posts
    1,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    By the way it's kind of hard to judge the extent of the racial remark, when we don't know what it was.
    Could be almost anything nowadays..Friend of my wife's walked into a break room at their office, saw 2 guys that did production work for her and said 'hi guys, what are you boys doing this weekend?" She got written up and suspended for a day. Crazy stuff.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Could be almost anything nowadays..Friend of my wife's walked into a break room at their office, saw 2 guys that did production work for her and said 'hi guys, what are you boys doing this weekend?" She got written up and suspended for a day. Crazy stuff.
    Because she said "boy"?

    Happened to me once, working shoveling mud with an African American. Twice my size.
    I say boy is it hot out here. And he got mad and I swear it took me a while to figure it out.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Because she said "boy"?

    Happened to me once, working shoveling mud with an African American. Twice my size.
    I say boy is it hot out here. And he got mad and I swear it took me a while to figure it out.
    Good thing you didn't say "Jesus Christ it's hot out here"... He might have expected your worship.

    Too many ####tards in the world making it difficult. My policy is not to talk to anyone and if they speak to me, just scowl.

  10. #10
    Registered User Grumpy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Loveville
    Posts
    1,735
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Because she said "boy"?
    Yep...pretty effed up that the HR department or her bosses didn't back her up (knowing full well that she didn't mean anything by it). This kind of crap just keeps the ball rolling for all these triggered folks.

Members who have read this thread: 40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |