Crime Someone dumped 4 house doors on side of the road in Ridge

wintersprings

The Facts

On May 17th at 703pm they drove by my house, and my camera recorded them. They had the 4 doors in the back of a Blue 2-D Ford F150. I have a high quality video and a still photo with the last 4 digits of their License plate visible.

On May 18th at 8AM, I went for a walk in Ridge, MD and 100 yards down the road there are the 4 doors just dumped into the grass. I took a picture with my cell phone.

What do I do?

Attachments

• 5A656272-1831-41BA-8AFD-48F10D829F12.jpg
    5A656272-1831-41BA-8AFD-48F10D829F12.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 1,561

wintersprings

When folks dump like that, its usually smaller, so I just take it to the dump (About 1 mile away). But these were clearly in a truck that had to go by the Ridge Dump, which was closed, so he just keep on driving and dumped them.

Its a weekly thing now, and I wish they would stop. One neighbor goes threw the trash for CC and Bank bills and then calls them to come get their trash.

Dump hrs are 10am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, and 8AM to 5PM Sat and Sunday.

tommyjo

The Facts

On May 17th at 703pm they drove by my house, and my camera recorded them. They had the 4 doors in the back of a Blue 2-D Ford F150. I have a high quality video and a still photo with the last 4 digits of their License plate visible.

On May 18th at 8AM, I went for a walk in Ridge, MD and 100 yards down the road there are the 4 doors just dumped into the grass. I took a picture with my cell phone.

What do I do?

By all means, the first thing you ought to do is post this on an internet chat room...that should solve the problem.

WTF is wrong with you people?

wintersprings

Its called Internet Shamming.

Just hoping some one will recognize the Truck and tell the guy to go get his stuff.

Called being Responsible?

Pete

Repete
By all means, the first thing you ought to do is post this on an internet chat room...that should solve the problem.

WTF is wrong with you people?

What an insufferable ass. The OP is unsure of what to do so they asked. What is wrong with that?

PeoplesElbow

Damn you really put some effort into this.

Like Rose said, if you find out who owns the truck take the doors and put them back in it with a note that says "I know what you did"

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

There is always the litter police. A thousand dollar fine awaits them. Maybe four thousand, one for each door? And about that littering fine; anyone ever heard of anyone getting that well posted $1000 littering fine?

BernieP

Resident PIA
If I may ...

Repurpose the doors into something else? Looks like good wood. Make something.

The pigs aren't coming back and I doubt the sheriff is going to chase down a couple of litter bugs.
Not with real crimes and shortage of man power.

Sp do the good citizen thing, pick them up. If they are hollow core you might have to pay $10 to dispose of them.
If not, you might find a use. A couple of saw horses and you have a table. Throw a cloth over it and nobody will ever know your table is a door.

BernieP

Resident PIA
When folks dump like that, its usually smaller, so I just take it to the dump (About 1 mile away). But these were clearly in a truck that had to go by the Ridge Dump, which was closed, so he just keep on driving and dumped them.

Its a weekly thing now, and I wish they would stop. One neighbor goes threw the trash for CC and Bank bills and then calls them to come get their trash.

Dump hrs are 10am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, and 8AM to 5PM Sat and Sunday.
Qualify that, Transfer station, not "dump". As far as I know there is only one landfill aka "the dump" and that's off St. Andrew's Church Rd.
Transfer station often won't take objects like that. Have to take those to the landfill. ($10 disposal fee for residents)

I like your neighbor. He should tell them he's going to post that information online the next time they leave their trash in his yard.

The pigs aren't coming back and I doubt the sheriff is going to chase down a couple of litter bugs.
Not with real crimes and shortage of man power.

Sp do the good citizen thing, pick them up. If they are hollow core you might have to pay $10 to dispose of them.
If not, you might find a use. A couple of saw horses and you have a table. Throw a cloth over it and nobody will ever know your table is a door.

They burn real good. Save the $ for disposal.

wintersprings

second dump.jpg So an update from Ridge.

There is now a second pile of trash, (that was not there this AM when I walked the road at 8am) just like this one, (more doors, more house parts) just up the street about a 1/4 mile. It was dumped today sometime in the afternoon.

I have no pictures of the truck, so he must not have come by my house this time. The area he dumped it in is more remote, has no houses, so safer spot to dump.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
View attachment 118562 So an update from Ridge.

There is now a second pile of trash, (that was not there this AM when I walked the road at 8am) just like this one, (more doors, more house parts) just up the street about a 1/4 mile. It was dumped today sometime in the afternoon.

I have no pictures of the truck, so he must not have come by my house this time. The area he dumped it in is more remote, has no houses, so safer spot to dump.

Is a house being renovated near you? Sounds like a cheap arse flipper. When we lived in St. Leonard (moved 7 months ago), I stopped countless times on the way to the dump on Ball Rd. to pick up a random trash bag tossed on the side of the road; especially near the dump when people got there after hours, and were sadly inconvenienced. Boo hoo, jerks. Anyway, it was always an 'eeewww' to pick up the trash, but whatever. Also, I am thinking that whoever is doing this doesn't want to pay the fee for the landfill. We live in Montgomery County, now; sad, but true. :frown: The upside is county takes everything on recycle day; even yard waste. (My dot's hub is in landscaping and has to pay a fee at the landfill). We don't pay very much for garbage pickup. No more trips to the dump! :yahoo: What is wrong with people that they think they can just throw their trash/doors/etc. on the side of the road? Oh, well. Others will pick up the trash thrown out by trash. I hope your problem gets resolved.

Bman

That kind of stuff really pisses me off! So many people now just seem so arrogant and think that the rules don't apply to them. I bet they also drive like a maniac, same type of people.

wintersprings

Is a house being renovated near you?

Yes there is one, and now all the Neighbors are watching it, to see if this Truck appears.

More Camera's are pointed that way. No one is happy here in Ridge.