Deuteronomy 3 You can't go

seekeroftruth

Deuteronomy 3:21 At that time I commanded Joshua: “You have seen with your own eyes all that the Lord your God has done to these two kings. The Lord will do the same to all the kingdoms over there where you are going. 22 Do not be afraid of them; the Lord your God himself will fight for you.”

23 At that time I pleaded with the Lord: 24 “Sovereign Lord, you have begun to show to your servant your greatness and your strong hand. For what god is there in heaven or on earth who can do the deeds and mighty works you do? 25 Let me go over and see the good land beyond the Jordan—that fine hill country and Lebanon.”

26 But because of you the Lord was angry with me and would not listen to me. “That is enough,” the Lord said. “Do not speak to me anymore about this matter. 27 Go up to the top of Pisgah and look west and north and south and east. Look at the land with your own eyes, since you are not going to cross this Jordan. 28 But commission Joshua, and encourage and strengthen him, for he will lead this people across and will cause them to inherit the land that you will see.” 29 So we stayed in the valley near Beth Peor.​

He worked so hard to do as he was told. Sure he got frustrated.... stupid humans always wanting something, always complaining about something.... always doing something stupid, like throwing gold into a smelting pot and claiming a golden calf just popped out.... but what about he was human too.... he only lost his cool and struck the rock instead of talking to it..... but I guess he knew he was doing wrong... and it was God he was letting down.

This is from the easy English site.

Moses’ prayer shows that he knew God well. Moses believed that there was only one real God. He asked God very strongly to let him lead the Israelites into the country. God did not allow him to do that. God punished Moses because the Israelites’ action caused him to do wrong things. In Numbers chapter 20, we read how Moses brought water out of the rock. He did not speak to the rock. He hit the rock. He did not obey God. God told Moses that he would be able to see the country. However, like Abraham, he had to trust that God would keep his promises. Joshua would lead the Israelites to capture the country. God told Moses that he should encourage Joshua to do that.

God does not always say ‘yes’ to our prayers. In the garden of Gethsemane, Jesus asked God to take away his trouble. But he also prayed to do what God wanted. (See Mark 14:36.) We need to pray in the same way. God may not give to us what we desire. But he can make us content without it. So that gives a result that is as good or better.​

This is from that "freedom" site.

Moses realized that this request went too far. He explains this in 3:26. The Lord was angry with him on their account. He was not going to change His mind on that matter to the point the Lord said, “Enough! Speak to Me no more on this matter” (Deut 3:26). This was the closing segment of Moses’ time on earth. After this he was to go to the top of Mt. Pisgah and see the land and then go to be with the Lord.

Moses at this point also had to turn full authority over to Joshua. It is often difficult to let the young (though not very young perhaps), the less spiritual (but not necessarily less spiritual but having different spiritual gifts and vision) and otherwise less prepared young leaders to take over one’s own responsibility. Authority once possessed is difficult to pass on.

We all get a "No!" from God once in a while. It's never pleasant. Sure we want things we don't need. When He tells me no about the winning lottery number.... well I figure He tells people no about the lottery all the time.... but when we pray for a newborn baby, or a parent, child or spouse and the answer is not what we want.... we are sure that God is taking something we need and it hurts. We go on though.... Moses did get to look across the Jordan River and see the Promised Land. Moses did get to see God! That's what Moses really needed.

:coffee:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

So, so many posts with no replies. Still looking for truth, huh? If you would actually wake up to the truth that there is no such thing as god, Abraham's god, Muhammad's god, Christian's god, etc., you would be so much better off.

littlelady

God bless the USA
If I may ...

So, so many posts with no replies. Still looking for truth, huh? If you would actually wake up to the truth that there is no such thing as god, Abraham's god, Muhammad's god, Christian's god, etc., you would be so much better off.

Seeker has had plenty of replies/discussion over the years. She started her Bible study thread when she was hotcoffee. That's what her threads are...a Bible study, and she gets a lot of views every day. She welcomes discussion/opinion. You are entitled to your opinion. That's fine. I am sure she will reply to you. Also, I read her post every day; it is part of my routine. I seldom reply. I read to learn.

seekeroftruth

If I may ...

How fortunate for you that your life is so free of foxholes. Apparently you have no need for God, a spouse or family. How sad for you that the military didn't issue one. My dad use to say the hierarchy in life is "God, Family, and Country".

My dad was career Navy. He started out as a field corpsman in Korea. It was my dad who introduced me to God. It has been God who has been there for me when my dad couldn't be. The last words my dad and I shared were about God and how magnificent Heaven is going to be. When they told me I was cancer free, I felt cheated because I have to wait to see Heaven.

I post every day because it keeps me in the Word. There are a group of us who are now reading through the Bible on line. We've been through the Gospels, as well as Revelation and Daniel. This is my third time through the Bible and I'm still learning something just about every day. This time we started at Genesis and we are going right through to Revelation, God willing.

I started out on these forums as "residentofcre". I wrote a lot of political stuff about Chesapeake Ranch Estates and Calvert County. I even ran for County Commissioner and ran a campaign in the somd.com forums. Then my computer crashed and I lost my password. It was easier to create a new account so I became "hotcoffee". People were always fighting about religion on this forum. I saw a need for a daily Bible verse posting and started posting one. That was years ago.... then windows 10 came out and I lost everything again.... so I created "seekeroftruth". Hopefully, I'll be seeking the truth until I see Jesus and my dad again.

You are not the first to question the daily postings. It's been called "spam" in the past. Of course, you are welcome to read or ignore. It's an open forum. I do hope that you will continue to pop in and read. There are some great war stories coming up.

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

There are some great war stories coming up. :coffee:

Funny thing about war. Both sides praying to the same god for the same outcome. That's some sick twisted god you have. And you are correct about me not needing a god. It is family first, always. Yes, I know of you Becky.

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

Tecumseh
tecumseh quotes

So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Tecumseh
tecumseh quotes

So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

Respect.

seekeroftruth

If I may ...

Funny thing about war. Both sides praying to the same god for the same outcome. That's some sick twisted god you have. And you are correct about me not needing a god. It is family first, always. Yes, I know of you Becky.

In the war stories we are about to read... both sides are not praying to the same god.

The people who the Israelites will be fighting think it's ok to heat up a metal god until it's red hot and then lay a child on it and play music so that they can't hear the child's scream. The war stories in the Bible actually have a good and evil side.

I don't buy the idea that both sides of the army are praying to the same god even today. Humans broker wars so that they can turn a buck. They tell people that they are fighting for good and evil but the lines are not so clear any more. There are very few people who remember either of the World Wars. A lot of people don't remember Korea anymore. I know a lot of people who don't remember [or refuse to talk about]Vietnam. I've been talking about how my daughter was only a child on 9/11; so she doesn't remember the event. We stop talking about these events and time passes, the truth gets warped, and humans blame God. The brokers make money so humans make more war and blame God all over again. IMHO, today it's the humans that are the ones who are sick and twisted because they depend on humans rather than God, then they blame God when the humans screw it all up.

Don't forget.... Adam blamed Eve but he bit the apple with his own teeth.