Twitter Co-Founder Free Speech is a Problem

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Twitter Co-Founder Says He’s ‘Sorry’ Free Speech Led To Trump’s Election

On Saturday, the co-founder of Twitter apologized for his creation. Why? Because it allowed the election of Donald Trump. In an interview with The New York Times, Evan Williams explained, “I think the internet is broken. And it’s a lot more obvious to a lot of people that it’s broken.” This is silliness, of course – the internet isn’t broken, any more than guns are “broken” just because bad people use them sometimes. The internet is a tool that can do wonderful good or great evil. But Williams, like many of the left, believes that if a freedom can be exercised for great evil, it shouldn’t be a freedom at all.

Thus, he continues: “I thought once everybody could speak freely and exchange information and ideas, the world is automatically going to be a better place. I was wrong about that….It’s a very bad thing, Twitter’s role in [electing Trump]. If it’s true that he wouldn’t be president if it weren’t for Twitter, then yeah, I’m sorry.”

This is the problem with leftist thought. There were many Americans who were deeply unhappy at Trump’s election. But there were just as many Americans unhappy at President Obama’s election. Just because many Americans don’t agree with Ev Williams doesn’t make a forum for argument and discussion bad. In fact, that’s what should make the forum important.

Freedom of Speech is 'Great' as long as it is speech YOU Agree with :yay:

Fascist ....

b23hqb

PREMO Member
How about people who twitter just twitter free speech Evan Williams out of existence? That would open up the exercise of free speech for everybody, right?

The left is really gone over the edge. Crybabies.