Big game hunter dies after shot elephant falls and squishes him

Misfit

Lawful neutral
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...fire-collapses-on-him/?utm_term=.556a4b73ccba

Botha was leading a group of hunters in western Zimbabwe on Friday afternoon when they stumbled upon a breeding herd of elephants in Hwange National Park, the Telegraph reported.

Startled, three elephant cows charged the group. Botha opened fire, according to News24, but a fourth elephant rammed him from the side, lifting him with her trunk. One of his fellow hunters then fired a shot. The elephant collapsed on top of Botha, killing him, News24 reported.

Clem72

Seems fair, right? Besides, what would be the point of big game hunting if it had zero risk? Might as well stay home and have someone else do it for you.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Seems fair, right? Besides, what would be the point of big game hunting if it had zero risk? Might as well stay home and have someone else do it for you.

..or play video games like the OP and the king of the numbers post.....

Bonehead

Too bad the elephant didn't kill him outright. I cannot understand the need or desire to kill an elephant and I am an avid deer hunter. I kill them for the meat not antlers.

black dog

Free America
Too bad the elephant didn't kill him outright. I cannot understand the need or desire to kill an elephant and I am an avid deer hunter. I kill them for the meat not antlers.

It's truly sad that what you like to hunt is ok, but what others choose to hunt is unacceptable. Both of them are renewable resources.

Wishbone

I don't think the elephant was shot for it's antlers either.

luvmygdaughters

I have no problem with killing for food, but, this guy was a big game hunter, he was probably after another trophy to hang on his wall. Karma can be an evil, sarcastic, nasty biatch sometimes!!

Wishbone

I have no problem with killing for food, but, this guy was a big game hunter, he was probably after another trophy to hang on his wall. Karma can be an evil, sarcastic, nasty biatch sometimes!!

There are plenty of hunters in southern MD that consumed the flesh and mounted the head.

So what.

Seems the villagers are consuming the flesh in the pick, so if he takes some part of it, so what? This was a controlled preserve. This was not poaching. Nothing illegal.

luvmygdaughters

There are plenty of hunters in southern MD that consumed the flesh and mounted the head.

So what.

Seems the villagers are consuming the flesh in the pick, so if he takes some part of it, so what? This was a controlled preserve. This was not poaching. Nothing illegal.

If that's what happened, fine. I wasn't aware that the picture posted was the same incident.

black dog

Free America

First, understand that killing a large animal costs alot of money. Money that is desperately needed in most communitys in Africa. Animals that are harvested legally are always used to feed the local population or cutup and taken home by the hunting party. These animals are a renewable resource, the large landowners understand that there is better money to be made from good animal management than trying to farm $hitty soil.
I have a friend that lives in Laplata that goes on Safaris at least 4 times a year to Africa.
He easily spends 20 to 50 grand on each trip. That's a bunch of cash to local land owners that will work it's way down the food chain..

black dog

Free America

So what.

That's just a pic that I had, meat always is a commodity in 3rd world countries.
When called locals will walk for miles for a chunk of any kind of meat.

Bonehead

First, understand that killing a large animal costs alot of money. Money that is desperately needed in most communitys in Africa. Animals that are harvested legally are always used to feed the local population or cutup and taken home by the hunting party. These animals are a renewable resource, the large landowners understand that there is better money to be made from good animal management than trying to farm $hitty soil.
I have a friend that lives in Laplata that goes on Safaris at least 4 times a year to Africa.
He easily spends 20 to 50 grand on each trip. That's a bunch of cash to local land owners that will work it's way down the food chain..

Well hopefully an elephant sits on his head. He needs to find a new "sport". And Black Dog FOAD, please.

black dog

Free America
Well hopefully an elephant sits on his head. He needs to find a new "sport". And Black Dog FOAD, please.

Thanks for adding worthwhile information and you vast knowledge to this thread.

What do you do for the well being with good animal and land management?
And I'm quite serious, what do you do for Conservation?????
Understand that without sportswomen and sportsman the world would have alot less animals in it.
Most animal Conservation effort's are done and paid for buy the sportsman that pay for certain sporting equipment ( that has an added Federal tax from 9 to 11% ... The Robertson Pitman Act ) and state and federal License fees. Along with donations of labor and money.
Your 10 bucks a year to PETA doesn't do $hit.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

that ain't good. Ask TJ, trickle down economics is a tool of the devil.