Ivanka receives pledge of $100 million for proposed women's fund from Saudis and UAE

Sapidus

More hypocrisy from Trump

Does the Clinton foundation sound familiar to anyone?

Before you make excuses the Clinton's never received any money from the fund it was for development and education purposes. Sounds pretty familiar.

I'll refresh your memories as to what Trump had to say then

Last year, however, Donald Trump bashed the Clinton Foundation for accepting money from countries with human rights issues, implying the move was in direct contrast to the help the foundation was established to provide.
"Saudi Arabia and many of the countries that gave vast amounts of money to the Clinton Foundation want women as slaves and to kill gays," Trump wrote on Facebook. "Hillary must return all money from such countries!"
During his campaign for president, Trump also tweeted about what he claimed was a "pay-for-play" agreement with countries that donated to the Clinton Foundation.

Who just made an arms deal with the Saudis I wonder?
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/21/politics/saudi-pledge-trump-women/

LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Before you make excuses the Clinton's never received any money from the fund it was for development and education purposes. Sounds pretty familiar.

Last year, however, Donald Trump bashed the Clinton Foundation for accepting money from countries with human rights issues, implying the move was in direct contrast to the help the foundation was established to provide.
"Saudi Arabia and many of the countries that gave vast amounts of money to the Clinton Foundation want women as slaves and to kill gays," Trump wrote on Facebook. "Hillary must return all money from such countries!"
During his campaign for president, Trump also tweeted about what he claimed was a "pay-for-play" agreement with countries that donated to the Clinton Foundation.

have you ever been to Saudi Arabia??

I assume you HAVE been in a Turkish Prison..

Sapidus

Wow. You must be very advanced as you skipped right to number 5

Typical... when you cannot justify your own failed candidates behavior, you just blame the winning candidate :yay:

Here is how it works: Rather than defend President Trump’s specific actions, his conservative champions change the subject to (1) the biased “fake news” media, (2) over-the-top liberals, (3) hypocrites on the left, (4) anyone else victimizing Mr. Trump or his supporters and (5) whataboutism, as in “What about Obama?” “What about Clinton?”

For the anti-anti-Trump pundit, whatever the allegation against Mr. Trump, whatever his blunders or foibles, the other side is always worse.

But the real heart of anti-anti-Trumpism is the delight in the frustration and anger of his opponents. Mr. Trump’s base is unlikely to hold him either to promises or tangible achievements, because conservative politics is now less about ideas or accomplishments than it is about making the right enemies cry out in anguish.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/...then-trump-must-be-doing-something-right.html

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Here is how it works: Rather than defend President Trump’s specific actions, his conservative champions change the subject to (1) the biased “fake news” media, (2) over-the-top liberals, (3) hypocrites on the left, (4) anyone else victimizing Mr. Trump or his supporters and (5) whataboutism, as in “What about Obama?” “What about Clinton?”

For the anti-anti-Trump pundit, whatever the allegation against Mr. Trump, whatever his blunders or foibles, the other side is always worse.

But the real heart of anti-anti-Trumpism is the delight in the frustration and anger of his opponents. Mr. Trump’s base is unlikely to hold him either to promises or tangible achievements, because conservative politics is now less about ideas or accomplishments than it is about making the right enemies cry out in anguish.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/...then-trump-must-be-doing-something-right.html

Gonna be a looooong 8 years for you, eh Sappy? You got some meds you can take?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Typical, when you can't excuse the behavior bash the messenger.

No, I asked a question.. Have you ever been to Saudi Arabia??

So you can tell us what life is like there.. for Christians.. and Budhists.. and Muslims..

How women that are Muslim are treated, and how Christian women are treated..

I mean the roving gangs of Muslim Police beating Christian Women for not wearing their Hijabs must have been horrendous for you..

Sapidus

No, I asked a question.. Have you ever been to Saudi Arabia??

So you can tell us what life is like there.. for Christians.. and Budhists.. and Muslims..

How women that are Muslim are treated, and how Christian women are treated..

I mean the roving gangs of Muslim Police beating Christian Women for not wearing their Hijabs must have been horrendous for you..

What are you talking about? That is the point of this post. The behavior in those countries is the same as it was when the Clinton Foundation accepted donations as it is when Ivanka does yet. Yet the Clinto nfoundation was condemned for doing it and even Trump tweeted his disapproval. Now that the shoe is on the other foot the same rules don;t apply to Trump and Ivanka. It is hypocrisy

itsbob

I bowl overhand
What are you talking about? That is the point of this post. The behavior in those countries is the same as it was when the Clinton Foundation accepted donations as it is when Ivanka does yet. Yet the Clinto nfoundation was condemned for doing it and even Trump tweeted his disapproval. Now that the shoe is on the other foot the same rules don;t apply to Trump and Ivanka. It is hypocrisy

So what's your problem with Trump doing it??

I think your point is, that you have no issue with Trump doing it.. is that a correct statement??

BUT alas, we already know how corrupt the Clinton Foundation was/ is.. so you should still have a problem with what they did.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Your S/N Ratio is off the charts ....... did you have a POINT to Make ?

Ah Skippy, you must LOVE being WRONG

The Media Spreads Fake News About Ivanka Trump

This weekend, the Wall Street Journal‘s Carole Lee wrote a perfectly accurate story about Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates pledging to donate $100 million to a World Bank fund for women entrepreneurs. The article noted that the fund was Ivanka Trump’s idea and that she was at the event where the pledge was announced.

When Wall Street Journal reporter Rebecca Ballhaus tweeted out a link to her colleague’s story, she spun it in such a way as to add inaccuracies. First she reclassified a World Bank fund as a fund belonging to Ivanka Trump.

Then she claimed that the donation from the two countries were therefore akin to what Trump pilloried Hillary Clinton for.

There are three reasons that this fake news went viral, in no particular order.

1) The original report on the fund, from a new online site called Axios, was imprecise. That publication reported that Ivanka Trump had begun building a massive fund and referred to it as her fund. As the Washington Post‘s David Fahrenthold explained, though, “the first daughter would have no role in raising money for such a fund or deciding where its money would be spent, a Trump administration official said.” He noted that the idea for a fund for women entrepreneurs was Ivanka Trump’s, but that the World Bank and White House issued a statement that the fund would be managed by the World Bank.

2) The Trump family has a lack of transparency. President Donald Trump chose not to release his tax returns, unlike every major-party presidential candidate in recent decades. Because he has significant business interests around the globe, the American public has reasonable questions that have not been answered regarding any potential conflicts of interest.

3) A cartoonish hostility in the media to Trump. Finally, reporters, pundits, and activists (but I repeat myself!) are so hostile to Trump that they are willing to push out negative stories without checking out the underlying facts. More is expected of journalists, who already have very little credibility with readers.

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

There's many things Trump actively railed against when others did it, and now it's okay. Par for the course, and 'round here, you won't get anyone to buy into that fact.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
There's many things Trump actively railed against when others did it, and now it's okay. Par for the course, and 'round here, you won't get anyone to buy into that fact.

you come up with something that has facts and not Russian Influence innuendo .....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Your S/N Ratio is off the charts ....... did you have a POINT to Make ?

Ah Skippy, you must LOVE being WRONG

The Media Spreads Fake News About Ivanka Trump

This weekend, the Wall Street Journal‘s Carole Lee wrote a perfectly accurate story about Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates pledging to donate $100 million to a World Bank fund for women entrepreneurs. The article noted that the fund was Ivanka Trump’s idea and that she was at the event where the pledge was announced.

When Wall Street Journal reporter Rebecca Ballhaus tweeted out a link to her colleague’s story, she spun it in such a way as to add inaccuracies. First she reclassified a World Bank fund as a fund belonging to Ivanka Trump.

Then she claimed that the donation from the two countries were therefore akin to what Trump pilloried Hillary Clinton for.

There are three reasons that this fake news went viral, in no particular order.

1) The original report on the fund, from a new online site called Axios, was imprecise. That publication reported that Ivanka Trump had begun building a massive fund and referred to it as her fund. As the Washington Post‘s David Fahrenthold explained, though, “the first daughter would have no role in raising money for such a fund or deciding where its money would be spent, a Trump administration official said.” He noted that the idea for a fund for women entrepreneurs was Ivanka Trump’s, but that the World Bank and White House issued a statement that the fund would be managed by the World Bank.

2) The Trump family has a lack of transparency. President Donald Trump chose not to release his tax returns, unlike every major-party presidential candidate in recent decades. Because he has significant business interests around the globe, the American public has reasonable questions that have not been answered regarding any potential conflicts of interest.

3) A cartoonish hostility in the media to Trump. Finally, reporters, pundits, and activists (but I repeat myself!) are so hostile to Trump that they are willing to push out negative stories without checking out the underlying facts. More is expected of journalists, who already have very little credibility with readers.

I'm sure Sappy and Chris will take note and retract.

Or.. :bunny::bunny::bunny:

Chris0nllyn

you come up with something that has facts and not Russian Influence innuendo .....

FACT: Trump's tweet.
FACT: Saudi/UAE $100 million to Ivanka's foundation.

No innuendo. No progbots. No WaPo. These are literally facts. I'm honestly not sure how anyone can argue over this.