Food Trucks on Base

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Winners?? Losers??

I tried Grizzly BBQ today.. it had potential..

I was hoping to get a 1/2 rack of ribs.. something GOOD, that I like..

NOT an option. Pulled Pork, Pulled Chicken or Brisket sandwiches.. and some kind of salad. .

Oh, and a Bratwurst on a stick.. but I remember the last Bratwurst I bought off of a food truck.. NO THANKS!

I got the brisket. I gave them a shot.. I tried... I wanted to like it..

Maybe it was because I was at the end of lunch hour?? (12:40)..

Clem72

I think I have tried three local food trucks in the last year or so and have not been very impressed with any of them. I think they were all new, so maybe they have or will get better.

There was a truck that sold Chinese food and burritos where I used to live. Had the best breakfast burrito (eggs, chorizo, fries, and salsa verde).

glhs837

Power with Control
Grizzly, not so good. Not qualified to judge the creole one. Blue Wind never disappoints. Crab soup always great.

wubbles

All the food trucks are really expensive for what you get. I assume due to what MWR or whoever charges them to setup on base.

Grizzly was not good and I don't plan to return for a third try. I don't understand how you can mess up pulled pork or pulled chicken but it honestly was chewy like it had been microwaved. It seemed like they were serving really old leftovers. Also very, very stingy on their sauce by default. I guess I need to ask for extra sauce to get even a reasonable amount (it was seriously like 1 tablespoon of sauce both times I tried it). There is a bottle of Sweet Baby Rays that you can add if you want so make sure you check your food before jumping back in the car.

Blue Wind has always been good and I feel like you get what you pay for at their truck even with the higher prices.

Nicoletti's has been good when I can actually get food there. They have never had the pepperoni rolls available even though it's on their sign every time. I have also gotten there a few times when they had run out of other stuff so get there early (before 1200). Everything I have had there has been very tasty though and it's my own fault for not showing up until 1230-1300. Always hot and fresh when I get a sandwich or slice. I will definitely be back again.

Haven't made my way out to Myra's yet.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I noticed that Linda's Cafe had a truck outside the main gate at Webster Field last Thursday at lunchtime. I almost stopped. Is it any good?

kickstand

De omnibus dubitandum est
Myra's - It's expensive, but it's good. The shrimp po'boy with rémoulade sauce is what you want to order (if you like shrimp po'boys).

The shrimp and grits is really good too.

Any of the baskets are good (catfish, crawfish, shrimp, oyster). All come with fries.

They have gator on the menu as well.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Myra's - It's expensive, but it's good. The shrimp po'boy with rémoulade sauce is what you want to order (if you like shrimp po'boys).

The shrimp and grits is really good too.

Any of the baskets are good (catfish, crawfish, shrimp, oyster). All come with fries.

They have gator on the menu as well.

MYRA's?? First I've hear of their food truck. Where??

awpitt

Main Streeter
Is there a posted schedule of the various food trucks. Who's gong to be parked where and when and on what days?

John Z

if you will
MYRA's?? First I've hear of their food truck. Where??

Myra's New Orleans - Located at Building 306, operating from 1100-1400 on Mondays. Located at Building 2187, operating from 1100-1400 Tuesday to Thursday and every other Friday (due to compressed work weeks).