Fox removes report from website about murdered DNC staffer

tommyjo

NEW YORK (AP) — Fox News says it has removed from its website a speculative story about the 2016 murder of Democratic National Committee employee Seth Rich because it “was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting.”

The report, published a week earlier, quoted a private investigator suggesting that Rich had some connection to Wikileaks and its leaks of Democratic National Committee emails during the last campaign.

Rich’s family has said they don’t believe their son, who was shot in July 2016 in Washington, gave any information to WikiLeaks. The investigator has since recanted his claim, and the independent researcher Politifact.com has said the notion that Rich was involved in the leak was flimsy and illogical.

No arrests have been made in the shooting. Washington police have said they think Rich was killed in a random robbery attempt, but conspiracy theories have emerged about his death.

Although Fox removed the story from its website, its statement did not say the story was wrong. The network said it will continue to investigate the story and provide updates as warranted.

The network had no other comment beyond the published statement on Tuesday. It also made no mention of Fox News Channel star Sean Hannity, who has done stories about the case on his prime-time television show.

Hannity said last week that he doesn’t believe Rich was killed as part of a robbery attempt.

“I am not backing off asking questions even though there’s an effort that nobody talk about Seth Rich,” he said.

On Tuesday, Hannity continued to stick by his claims, tweeting a link to a website promoting the conspiracy theory

https://www.apnews.com/55f67345a78d...eport-from-website-about-murdered-DNC-staffer

Where is the outrage? The claims of FAKE NEWS!!!????

hotbikermama40

'Although Fox removed the story from its website, its statement did not say the story was wrong. The network said it will continue to investigate the story and provide updates as warranted.' tells me that Fox is doing exactly what we want any news reporting persons and/or agencies to do..hold their own feet to the fire to insure honest and objective reporting. The private investigator recanted and left Fox without any choice really.

With regards to Sean Hannity, like Bill Maher or Joy Behar are, he is a political commentator who's job is to tell his listeners what he thinks. He thinks that there's something there and he's going to talk about it. Left wing commentators think something else and they are going to talk about it.

So, what exactly is it that anyone should be outraged about?

Sapidus

Nothing to be outraged about.
I am sure all these dummies think Hillary got to Fox News and threatened to murder them if they didn't retract the story.

Next she is going to going to forge a memo and slip it in Comeys briefcase. Don't you know she is all powerful?

hotbikermama40

I am sure all these dummies think Hillary got to Fox News and threatened to murder them if they didn't retract the story.

Next she is going to going to forge a memo and slip it in Comeys briefcase. Don't you know she is all powerful?

Is there a special vitamin you take to be that stupid, or is it a natural gift?

SamSpade

Didn't I read that they did this out of deference to the still grieving family? That whatever the story, they didn't want to see Seth's death as any part of a political agenda?

So removing it was a good thing. Who's supposed to be outraged?

Midnightrider

Didn't I read that they did this out of deference to the still grieving family? That whatever the story, they didn't want to see Seth's death as any part of a political agenda?

If that's why they did it why didnot fox say that? Instead they said it was because the story wasn't validated

This_person

I appreciate you recognizing that the far vast majority of the posters on here are not dummies, since no one said anything of the sort. :cheers:

PsyOps

Pixelated
'Although Fox removed the story from its website, its statement did not say the story was wrong. The network said it will continue to investigate the story and provide updates as warranted.' tells me that Fox is doing exactly what we want any news reporting persons and/or agencies to do..hold their own feet to the fire to insure honest and objective reporting. The private investigator recanted and left Fox without any choice really.

With regards to Sean Hannity, like Bill Maher or Joy Behar are, he is a political commentator who's job is to tell his listeners what he thinks. He thinks that there's something there and he's going to talk about it. Left wing commentators think something else and they are going to talk about it.

So, what exactly is it that anyone should be outraged about?

Now you just stop with this line of logic. TJ is, no doubt, tired of cleaning his raging spittle from his monitor when someone points out his stupidity.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Where is the outrage? The claims of FAKE NEWS!!!????

T0J0, we're just not like you. We don't feel a need to get angry at everything and everyone to validate our existence. You're all alone in the corner of this virtual room with your hate and intolerance.

Last edited:

awpitt

Main Streeter

I don't know. Did you read that?

FOX said they removed it because, “it was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting.” The didn't say anything about deference to the still grieving family.

SamSpade

I don't know. Did you read that?

FOX said they removed it because, “it was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting.” The didn't say anything about deference to the still grieving family.

Well I need to look it up but it wasn't on FOX, it was on Hannity's site.