Did you know that all kinds of forum posts and threads are being shared routinely on facebook???

frannie

Maybe you all know this already, but I was surprised to find out that when somd has a "slow news" day or very little to post, they "grab" forum topics from here and post on their facebook page newsfeed?? Depending upon the mood of facebook, or maybe my computer, I can also see all the forum comments on the selected topic. It surprised me, but I guess it shouldn't have ;-) Anyhoo, just wanted to share that! Have a great day, all!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why did it surprise you?

We've been feeding forum and news posts to FB for quite some time. On one hand, it brings a lot of people to the site; on the other, sometimes they comment on FB instead of coming here, which is what we want them to do.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Maybe you all know this already, but I was surprised to find out that when somd has a "slow news" day or very little to post, they "grab" forum topics from here and post on their facebook page newsfeed?? Depending upon the mood of facebook, or maybe my computer, I can also see all the forum comments on the selected topic. It surprised me, but I guess it shouldn't have ;-) Anyhoo, just wanted to share that! Have a great day, all!

The obituaries routinely come up on FB as well. I don't see a problem with it but am sad when I see someone I know in the obits :-(

luvmygdaughters

Uh....so?:confused: Whats your point?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm just curious why Frannie was surprised that we cross-promote on social media.

We do it on Twitter, too - just the news and obits, I don't think forum threads get posted.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I'm just curious why Frannie was surprised that we cross-promote on social media.

We do it on Twitter, too - just the news and obits, I don't think forum threads get posted.

Yes they do. This thread, for example, was shared with FB as well as one started about Krispy Kreme and the one about food trucks on base.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Facebook is a revenue generator. Instagram and Snapchat also generate traffic and most businesses would be foolish not to utilize social media to its fullest extent. Snapchat advertising starts at around $10,000 per month and can go up to $500k a month. So THAT is a no go for most businesses. Our FB for the SoMD MusicFest is $100/ mo and has generated over $10,000 for us in 3 months.

frannie

yes--I realized that quickly when the biggest loser shark has decided to start something with me...you are the reason I prefer working with animals; because humans such as yourself really, really suck...you are an internet bully and hiding behind an anonymous log-in on a forum where you can bully others to feel good about yourself. Responses like this are why I haven't posted much--and never will again. Go get a life.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

yes--I realized that quickly when the biggest loser shark has decided to start something with me...you are the reason I prefer working with animals; because humans such as yourself really, really suck...you are an internet bully and hiding behind an anonymous log-in on a forum where you can bully others to feel good about yourself. Responses like this are why I haven't posted much--and never will again. Go get a life.

Well, as you may know, humans are animals, and are considered part of the animal kingdom, and part of the food chain as well. Maybe it's just a well you like working with the lower forms of life on this planet, as opposed to humans that actually talk back and interact on an intellectual basis. This must be a foreign concept to you. Also, recognizing sarcasm is not something you are used to, is it? But hey, take a look, you now have a total of four posts in 10 years. Keep up the good work. PS, I'm not a bully. :duel:

Who was that?

I think she just might be referring to me? That "reply with quote" button must still be illusive to many.