Flynn pleads the Fifth

Sapidus

Nothing to see here folks. No collusion. Just winning. Hiring the best people.

"In 1990, he invoked his Fifth Amendment right to avoid self-incrimination by refusing to answer 97 questions in a divorce deposition. But last year, he ripped into Hillary Clinton aides repeatedly for exercising the same privilege during the congressional investigation into her private email server.

“The mob takes the Fifth,” Trump told a campaign crowd in Iowa last September. “If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...40ffced2ddb_story.html?utm_term=.fa8dce2922aa

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mich...ongress-senate-intelligence/story?id=47594971

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
:yawn: "I'm invited to your witch hunt?..thanks, but no."

When he's actually charged with something, wake me up, 'kay?

Sapidus

“The mob takes the Fifth,” Trump told a campaign crowd in Iowa last September. “If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”

Sapidus

According to ABC News:
"The Senate Intelligence Committee has announced two new subpoenas against former national security adviser Michael Flynn to compel him to turn over documents related to his contact with the Russians, adding that Flynn risks being held in contempt of Congress if he does not comply with the requests."
"The committee leaders are directing the two new subpoenas at Flynn’s Virginia-based businesses because businesses don’t have a right to plead the Fifth..."
http://abcnews.go.com/…/michael-flynn-risks-held-con…/story…

This_person

[H]e ripped into Hillary Clinton aides repeatedly for exercising the same privilege during the congressional investigation into her private email server.
“If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”

It's a good question. Do you agree the Clinton aides should have testified? Do you believe it implies guilt on their part in some way?

Though, I don't know why you keep repeating Trump's question when it is Flynn taking the fifth. You know they're two different people, right?

This_person

Flynn risks being held in contempt of Congress if he does not comply with the requests.

Contempt of Congress!?!?!?!?! I remember when Obama's Attorney General was held in Contempt of Congress - that was quite a thing. Remember all of those horrible repercussions he had for that?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I would in NO WAY cooperate with any congressional or prosecutorial witch hunt .....

I'm sorry my business does not retain the records you request ....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Contempt of Congress!?!?!?!?! I remember when Obama's Attorney General was held in Contempt of Congress - that was quite a thing. Remember all of those horrible repercussions he had for that?

LOL..it was just devastating. Or maybe not so much.

Sapidus

I was pointing out Trumps hypocrisy. He pled the 5th during divorce proceedings then when it came to Hillary "only someone with something to hide would plead the 5th"

Yes. If you are called to testify you should do so.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I was pointing out Trumps hypocrisy. He pled the 5th during divorce proceedings then when it came to Hillary "only someone with something to hide would plead the 5th"

Yes. If you are called to testify you should do so.

Sure Kev..whatever you say, bro.

Toxick

Splat

When Trump said that, my response was "If guilt is implied the invoking the 5th Amendment, then the 5th Amendment is ####ing worthless".

When you repeat it, my response is "If guilt is implied the invoking the 5th Amendment, then the 5th Amendment is ####ing worthless".

So - whatever man.

What-the-####-ever.

Hijinx

When Trump said that, my response was "If guilt is implied the invoking the 5th Amendment, then the 5th Amendment is ####ing worthless".

When you repeat it, my response is "If guilt is implied the invoking the 5th Amendment, then the 5th Amendment is ####ing worthless".

So - whatever man.

What-the-####-ever.

Hillary just says she can't remember is that the same as the Fifth?

littlelady

God bless the USA
Hillary just says she can't remember is that the same as the Fifth?

Truth. Lemmings and sheep, obviously, have very, very, short memories. Or, they could be ostriches with their head in the sand. Or, they could be the 'see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil' monkeys. Lots of choices. All the same. I have never in my days seen the likes of what is going on. Very unnerving. My days are numbered, but my children and grandchildren will live to see how our gov crap pans out. I hope for the good. I don't look forward to spinning in my grave. I want to rest in peace. :patriot:

awpitt

Main Streeter
It's a good question. Do you agree the Clinton aides should have testified? Do you believe it implies guilt on their part in some way?

Why are you asking about Hillary? This thread is about Flynn.

Are you incapable of addressing this issue without pointing at someone who's not the subject of this thread. Or, are you asserting that two wrongs make a right?

SamSpade

Why are you asking about Hillary? This thread is about Flynn.

Are you incapable of addressing this issue without pointing at someone who's not the subject of this thread. Or, are you asserting that two wrongs make a right?

Just stop. Everyone does this. The most recent post I read was from tj.
If you like, I'll dig through yours and point out the same tactic.
Just stay on topic - you don't need to get on someone's case for something everyone does.