Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polyamorous-Polysaturation on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    From the thread title I thought this was going to be about an orgy involving Crisco.
    Spring of 2018 on Fox!

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Gay and mixed race couples don't register with me.
    They usually don't with me either - and I get you with that commercial, I think the guy was missing part of his arm? And I thought, why is this "controversial"? I didn't notice.

But I swear just about every show I watch has a gay couple on it. And in real life, I know like, two. Now that Doctor Who is back on, he has a gay companion, and the show that follows it, a Who spin-off, the primary character is gay and has a boyfriend.

It doesn't so much bother me as it feels like political correctness.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post

It doesn't so much bother me as it feels like political correctness run amok.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    It doesn't so much bother me as it feels like political correctness.
    Like pandering. But honestly, the way people are these days you have to have everyone represented or they'll bitch. There was some controversy about Dove shower soap, which thought their bottle should represent a multitude of female figures, catching hell for "body shaming" and "where's my body shape??"

I'm not making that up.

I'm sure TV producers have a checklist.

Gay person? Check
    Black? Check
    Transperson? Check
    Fat chick? Check
    Latino? Check
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

only have

Americans of African decent [mixed ancestry w/Asians]
    Transgendered
    Lesbian

who are size 12 so we can claim plus sized

in any tv commercials
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Members who have read this thread: 3