“I hate Ted Cruz,”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“I hate Ted Cruz,” said Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) earlier this week in an interview with USA Today while promoting a new book in which he described himself as a "Giant of the Senate." Below are five noteworthy elements and moments of Franken's senatorial history.

1. HE SAYS IT’S ‘RACIST’ TO MOCK FAUXCAHONTAS

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) regularly describes herself as having Native American heritage. She denies that this self-description has ever afforded her any professional or academic advantages via formal or informal racial quotas.

It’s “racist” to mock Warren as “Pocahontas,” said Franken to CNN’s Jake Tapper in a February interview with State of the Union. President Donald Trump has often mocked Warren as "Pocahontas" given her false self-description as possessing Native American heritage.

2. HE SAYS CONSTITUTIONAL ORIGINALISM IS AN INFECTION

During confirmation hearings for then Supreme Court justice nominee Neil Gorsuch, Franken described the judicial philosophy of originalism as an infection. Jurisprudence should not be grounded in application of the law as written and intended by its drafters, but with a push toward “common ground” and “consensus” among justices:

But your record suggests that, if confirmed, you will espouse an ideology that I believe has already infected the bench — an ideology that backs big business over individual Americans and refuses to see our country as the dynamic and diverse nation that my constituents wake up in every morning.

He also implored Gorsuch to protect the bureaucracy — “the administrative state” — from what he described as the dual threat posed to it in the form of White House Chief Strategist Stephen Bannon and President Donald Trump.​

http://www.dailywire.com/news/16845/al-franken-i-hate-ted-cruz-thats-okay-here-are-5-robert-kraychik

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I wonder if his book will do as well as Hillary's.

:killingme

Probably ..... publishers take such a bath on books by progressives

huge up front advances, books are on the discount shelf in weeks because NO ONE Buys them .... however books by conservatives fly off the shelves

Rush - on the air over 20 yrs - profitable and paid for

Air America - could not support itself even 2 yrs or 1 .... on life support the entire time

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/01/22/why-did-air-america-fail/

Air America: Why liberal radio's answer to Rush Limbaugh failed and why it matters

The Death of Air America: Why Liberals Fail at Talk Radio

So the question is: Why can’t liberals make it on talk radio?

In part, it’s an age issue.

Conservative talk radio listeners have an average age of 67. Meanwhile, the 65 and over bracket is the Republican party’s strongest demographic. Younger (and typically more liberal) individuals are not as likely to listen to talk radio.

Another problem is the existence of NPR, which produces, on the whole, better and more varied programming than Air America ever did. NPR exudes an understated but very real leftward tilt. Personalities like Garrison Keillor and Ira Glass are (like Limbaugh) entertaining to listen to. Ultimately, they offered consumers of left-leaning radio more appealing options than Air America did.
[clip]
But I have a formula that better explains the fate of liberal talk radio:

Radio trends older.
Liberals trend younger.
X and Y plus NPR = The Death of Air America.

PsyOps

Pixelated
“I hate Ted Cruz,” said Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) earlier this week in an interview with USA Today while promoting a new book in which he described himself as a "Giant of the Senate."

An intolerant giant of hate. :bigwhoop:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I wonder if he hates the Dutch, too....

Folks don't have to wonder why the GOP has such a hard time reaching across the aisle. How do you reason with people that hate you? You can't get other things done until you get past that hate.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Al Franken is one of the biggest idiots in Congress, if not the world. It should embarrass the state of Minnesota that they elected his obnoxious ass. I'll say it right here and now: if you are a fan of Al Franken and think he has anything intelligent to say, you are retarded and shouldn't be allowed to vote in our elections.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Al Franken is one of the biggest idiots in Congress, if not the world. It should embarrass the state of Minnesota that they elected his obnoxious ass. I'll say it right here and now: if you are a fan of Al Franken and think he has anything intelligent to say, you are retarded and shouldn't be allowed to vote in our elections.

As much as I feel Franken is a fool in politics, the people of Minnesota keep electing him. This is more a commentary on them than it is Franken. Do they really not see a better alternative?

Of course, you know someone will chime in about those who voted for Trump. Wait for it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As much as I feel Franken is a fool in politics, the people of Minnesota keep electing him. This is more a commentary on them than it is Franken. Do they really not see a better alternative?

Of course, you know someone will chime in about those who voted for Trump. Wait for it.

Anyone who supports Al Franken - or Maxine Waters or Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer or Hillary Clinton - better not dare say anything about Trump supporters. That's like this kid who's sitting there eating a pile of dog crap with a big spoon criticizing someone else's food choices.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

But you see so many complete morons be elected time and again that cannot be explained. Sheila Jackson Lee, Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Cynthia McKinney.....it's a long list. Some of them are stump stupid. Al's just one name on it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As much as I feel Franken is a fool in politics, the people of Minnesota keep electing him.

Minnesotans are clearly retarded. Their other Senator is a freaking moron, too, but she's a junior leaguer compared to Franken's level of idiocy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But you see so many complete morons be elected time and again that cannot be explained. Sheila Jackson Lee, Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Cynthia McKinney.....it's a long list. Some of them are stump stupid. Al's just one name on it.

That crazy "tweet tweet tweet" nutjob. Frederica somebody.

This_person

If you look at some of the count/re-count/challenge/re-re-count/challenge crap that went on in 2008, Franken did NOT legally win the race; he was "chosen" by election officials. As incumbent, I'm sure it was much easier for him in 2014.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If you look at some of the count/re-count/challenge/re-re-count/challenge crap that went on in 2008, Franken did NOT legally win the race; he was "chosen" by election officials. As incumbent, I'm sure it was much easier for him in 2014.

1,013 felons voted in that election ...... franken won by 312 votes

PsyOps

Pixelated

The fact that one person (who isn't Franken or his family members) found it within them to vote for him is bothering.

Hijinx

Folks don't have to wonder why the GOP has such a hard time reaching across the aisle. How do you reason with people that hate you? You can't get other things done until you get past that hate.

Well that is something to talk about. Does anyone remember when Senators at least had respect for each other?
They get up on the floor and call each other "The Honorable".
How can Cruz stand and say the Honorable Senator Franken, when Franken has proven himself not Honorable and stated that he hates a fellow Senator.?

Well I guess there have always been DisHonorable Senators and the others were just polite enough to call them Honorable.
Franken has proven himself to be a Rude azzhole.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They also gave the country Jesse Ventura.

My understanding is that Governor Body was a pretty good governor for them. Much of the criticism of him was just so much partisan garbage because he wasn't a D or an R, and he wasn't part of their little club. He declined a second term because of the abuse heaped on his family by the political crazies and, as he called them, media jackals.