Manchester police to stop sending intel to US over leaks

Chris0nllyn

British police have stopped sharing evidence from the investigation into the terror network behind the Manchester bombing with the United States after a series of leaks left investigators and the government furious.

Relations between the US and UK security services, normally extremely close, have been put under strain by the scale of the leaks from US officials to the American media.

After chairing a meeting of the emergency Cobra meeting Theresa May said: “I will make clear to President Trump that intelligence shared between our security agencies must remain secure.” She is due to meet the US president at a Nato summit in Brussels on Thursday.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-information-to-us-over-leaks-of-key-evidence

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Saw that. Our government sure seems to be "broken" when it comes to leaking everything these days.

Clem72

The only intelligence I have seen on this is that the UK failed to act despite being warned several times over a period of years about this guy. Hell, his own Mosque kicked him out and warned the authorities, and that ought to put you straight to the top of the list for being monitored.

Maybe we are better off if they keep their intelligence to their own selves.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I wonder if the UK authorities are embarrassed about the disclosures of how much information they actually had on this bomber before he committed the act? They certainly do pander to the Muslim community over there...and the consequences are being rudely rubbed in their collective face.

This_person

This really boils down to a government that is way too big and too powerful. How can such a monstrosity be controlled?

19a4b8a4649656a104d11ed63c7bf7d2.jpg

Hijinx

One of the stories I read stated that the NYT released the name of the bomber before the UK authorities released it to the UK press.

Is that the fault of the Government of the Press.

We all know that the American Press will spill the beans on anything.
They have absolutely no interest in security.
We also know that our SOME people in the Government will run to the papers with anything.

I am sure our Government --at least Mr Trump ----would love to stop the leaks.
Government seems to be filled with people that are working against the current Administration.
Leaking like a sieve.
They are being encouraged by people like Chuck the Schmuck and Ahntie Maxine.

Christy

b*tch rocket
One of the stories I read stated that the NYT released the name of the bomber before the UK authorities released it to the UK press.

They are also (understandably) upset about the release of the photos of the scene. There needs to be some serious house cleaning done in the intelligence community. Zero tolerance for releasing anything to the press. I am astounded that anyone in the intelligence community would even consider leaking to the press, it simply wasn't done back in my day. I served under the Clinton administration and they were up to all kinds of stuff that most folks in the intelligence community did not agree with, however, it was that administrations call to make, not the Intel community. You did what their policy stated and that was that. I do not understand why this is such a hard concept in todays intelligence circles.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I served under the Clinton administration and they were up to all kinds of stuff that most folks in the intelligence community did not agree with, however, it was that administrations call to make, not the Intel community.

:nono:

Clinton is a Democrat

littlelady

God bless the USA
They are also (understandably) upset about the release of the photos of the scene. There needs to be some serious house cleaning done in the intelligence community. Zero tolerance for releasing anything to the press. I am astounded that anyone in the intelligence community would even consider leaking to the press, it simply wasn't done back in my day. I served under the Clinton administration and they were up to all kinds of stuff that most folks in the intelligence community did not agree with, however, it was that administrations call to make, not the Intel community. You did what their policy stated and that was that. I do not understand why this is such a hard concept in todays intelligence circles.

So, you experienced it. I have a few friends that have been in the gov of it all for 20/30 years. I know what they had to say. Especially, one working DoD that it sickened her when Obama was elected. She retired early. Thanks for your post. I knew it already, but thanks for speaking out. Cans of worms seem to be popping up, everywhere. That is a good thing.

I, also, have to say that you explained a lot of what us others are wondering about, but knew, anyway, because we are not stupid. Thanks. :smile:

Last edited: