Ben Carson - Keepin' it real

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The media and the left will be calling for his head on this quote. The problem is Ben is correct.

"I think poverty to a large extent is also a state of mind," You take somebody that has the right mindset, you can take everything from them and put them on the street, and I guarantee in a little while they'll be right back up there. And you take somebody with the wrong mindset, you could give them everything in the world, they'll work their way right back down to the bottom

Hijinx

The media and the left will be calling for his head on this quote. The problem is Ben is correct.

It isn't all that different from saying take away all of the money and split it evenly, and before you know it the same people will be poor and others will be rich.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
It isn't all that different from saying take away all of the money and split it evenly, and before you know it the same people will be poor and others will be rich.

I equate fiscal savviness to athletic talent. Some people just run faster than others. Trying to slow up the faster folks isn't actually helping the slowpokes.

Hijinx

I equate fiscal savviness to athletic talent. Some people just run faster than others. Trying to slow up the faster folks isn't actually helping the slowpokes.

Only some do not run at all---fast or slow-- they sit back and wait for others to carry them.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
LOL nice try. Missed me by that much.

My mobility scooter is a Road King Harley.

and the sun just came out I should be out on it.

Mines a dresser..and yr right, us "crippled up old poor dudes" should be out riding our mobility scooters today.

black dog

Free America
Mines a dresser..and yr right, us "crippled up old poor dudes" should be out riding our mobility scooters today.

You modern Shovelhead guys with that fiberglass wind thingy and a cigarette lighter.... it probably has one of them luxury heel&toe shifter arms.... Your feets is for clutchin and brakein..

Last edited:

tommyjo

Sorry the problem (as always on here) is your inability to think...Ben is half right...and half wrong/misguided:

Where is he more likely right:

And you take somebody with the wrong mindset, you could give them everything in the world, they'll work their way right back down to the bottom
Depending on how you want to define mindset....Mr. Carson is likely correct here. Just look at most pro athletes or lottery winners. The athletes are broke within milliseconds of the end of their playing days and lottery winners are generally broke within 2 years.

Where Ben is wrong and where you can't think is this:

You take somebody that has the right mindset, you can take everything from them and put them on the street, and I guarantee in a little while they'll be right back up there.

Why you can't think is that you are applying Ben's statement incorrectly. You are applying the statement to someone who has nothing working his way up because of his mindset...Mr. Carson clearly used in his example someone who already had everything then lost it. BIG, BIG difference....likely a difference you and the right wingers don't get...but significantly different.

The point is that "mindset" is only part of the equation (I know...I know...you all can't think beyond "yes", "no"....binary type choices)....

terbear1225

Sorry the problem (as always on here) is your inability to think...Ben is half right...and half wrong/misguided:

Where is he more likely right:

Depending on how you want to define mindset....Mr. Carson is likely correct here. Just look at most pro athletes or lottery winners. The athletes are broke within milliseconds of the end of their playing days and lottery winners are generally broke within 2 years.

Where Ben is wrong and where you can't think is this:

Why you can't think is that you are applying Ben's statement incorrectly. You are applying the statement to someone who has nothing working his way up because of his mindset...Mr. Carson clearly used in his example someone who already had everything then lost it. BIG, BIG difference....likely a difference you and the right wingers don't get...but significantly different.

The point is that "mindset" is only part of the equation (I know...I know...you all can't think beyond "yes", "no"....binary type choices)....

I believe this is why Mr. Carson stated that "poverty is ...ALSO a state of mind" thus implying that there is in fact more to the equation. but I guess that's not binary enough for you?