Thread: Simply Fit Board

Simply Fit Board

Anyone have one / used one? I talked to a friend who is into fitness (mid-40's, four kids, six pack abs) and she's heard good things about it. I have tried walking 3-5 miles per day and hula hooping. Lost weight but no real noticeable changes. Thoughts/Opinions??
    https://www.simplyfitboard.com/?mid=8316119

I only know one person who modified it in some way and used as a 'skimboard' at the beach. They loved it.

This is just IMHO, but for weight loss, I believe exercise is overrated. Jogging 2 mph for 30 minutes only gets you 100 cals (depending on weight, incline, etc.) That's not even a whole bagel. Real weight loss is achieved by consuming fewer calories than your body burns. There are many software programs and apps to help you determined cals eaten vs cals burned. Your body naturally burns 1800 to 2000 cals just to stay alive. I have a gram scale with TARE function. I weigh everything. Will you go to bed a little hungry? Is consuming fewer cals hard? Does it take tremendous willpower? Will you mess up sometimes? Will it take a long time? Can you keep the weight off? Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.

Quote Originally Posted by hitchicken View Post
    I only know one person who modified it in some way and used as a 'skimboard' at the beach. They loved it.

This is just IMHO, but for weight loss, I believe exercise is overrated. Jogging 2 mph for 30 minutes only gets you 100 cals (depending on weight, incline, etc.) That's not even a whole bagel. Real weight loss is achieved by consuming fewer calories than your body burns. There are many software programs and apps to help you determined cals eaten vs cals burned. Your body naturally burns 1800 to 2000 cals just to stay alive. I have a gram scale with TARE function. I weigh everything. Will you go to bed a little hungry? Is consuming fewer cals hard? Does it take tremendous willpower? Will you mess up sometimes? Will it take a long time? Can you keep the weight off? Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.
    For toning, not weight loss.

Quote Originally Posted by RareBreed View Post
    You can accomplish the same muscle responses from using a slight squat form, holding weights in each hand and twisting your torso. Adjusting your stance or the angle of your arms as you twist will engage the muscles differently. If you don't already have hand weights hold soup cans. Holding weights requires you to pay attention to your form and offer resistance.
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

Quote Originally Posted by RareBreed View Post
    Yes, exercise is good for toning, not weight loss. IMO.

Members who have read this thread: 3