Traffic Rant Gray pick up traveling eastbound on 231 between 5 and the Benedict bridge

catlingirl

Wow! That sure is some driving skills you got there. I sure am glad I was paying attention when you decided to go around me on the shoulder before I got over to go around a car turning left. We would've been in a good accident. Oh yeah thanks so much for flipping me off before you got stuck behind a school bus. I loved the way you sped around the truck that was right behind the school bus and cut him off also. I really hope that you don't decide to act that stupid when there's a dump truck or semi around. Or else you will end up splattered all over the road. Hope you got where you needed to be.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It might be my imagination...but I think I'm seeing more and more of those aggressive aholes these days. Have two similar incidents in just the past month alone...seemingly pissed off drivers acting out because I refused to go more than 5 mph over the speed limit...or didn't try to pass, on the shoulder, a stopped vehicle attempting to turn left in front of me.

Life is too short for that nonsense.

Restitution

Honestly.... who gives a flying dung heap? It's not like traffic is enforced around here other than speed traps. Might as well take advantage of it....amiright?

hitchicken

Just try to be a calm, cool driver yourself. It's not worth the life-shortening anger/adrenaline spurt.

It's been suggested before, but consider getting a dash cam. They're only about $10 - $12 buck on Ebay or at Tmart. With SD mircocards, another $5. I got one front & a separate one rear facing. If you deem the behavior bad enough, save the video and 'driver shame' them on social media/facebook/twitter/this forum, whatever or send a copy to the police. Just having a dash cam visible in your vehicle is often enough to alter the behavior of other aggressive drivers.

Aggressive drivers are normally in a hurry to get nowhere in particular or do anything important. They shave 5 or 10 minutes off their commute just to sit at home drinking beer & watching the boob tube. The good news is aggressive personalities have shortened life spans... so you should be able to pee on his grave.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Honestly.... who gives a flying dung heap? It's not like traffic is enforced around here other than speed traps. Might as well take advantage of it....amiright?

I hate to agree with you, but that is pretty much it.
One reason might be that "aggressive" driving might be seen as to subjective and judges might dismiss the ticket if challenged in court.
While speeding tickets are a no brainer, in the minds of most, the radar gun is seen as infallible. I've heard stories of people trying to fight a speed camera citation.
According to the law they supposed to have the right to challenge the calibration and the judge refused the request,

catlingirl

It might be my imagination...but I think I'm seeing more and more of those aggressive aholes these days. Have two similar incidents in just the past month alone...seemingly pissed off drivers acting out because I refused to go more than 5 mph over the speed limit...or didn't try to pass, on the shoulder, a stopped vehicle attempting to turn left in front of me.

Life is too short for that nonsense.

I forgot to mention there was a passing lane by the left turn lane and not the shoulder.

catlingirl

Just try to be a calm, cool driver yourself. It's not worth the life-shortening anger/adrenaline spurt.

It's been suggested before, but consider getting a dash cam. They're only about $10 - $12 buck on Ebay or at Tmart. With SD mircocards, another $5. I got one front & a separate one rear facing. If you deem the behavior bad enough, save the video and 'driver shame' them on social media/facebook/twitter/this forum, whatever or send a copy to the police. Just having a dash cam visible in your vehicle is often enough to alter the behavior of other aggressive drivers.

Aggressive drivers are normally in a hurry to get nowhere in particular or do anything important. They shave 5 or 10 minutes off their commute just to sit at home drinking beer & watching the boob tube. The good news is aggressive personalities have shortened life spans... so you should be able to pee on his grave.

Thank you I was calm, just laughed when he got stuck behind the school bus right beside me. Yep he was in the shoulder right behind the bus instead of in the regular lane. And thats how he was able to get in front of the truck that was right behind the bus in the regular lane. Pissed the guy off in front of me that he cut off to be first. Thanks for the idea about the camera.

catlingirl

Not cool when the person almost or does cause an accident. Or were you being sarcastic? Like I said if I wasn't paying attention I would've gotten hit by this idiot and probably ended up in the ditch. And there was especially no need for him to flip me off because I made a decision of not getting hit at the last possible second because I happened to see him flying up beside me as I was getting over.