So here's how it happened:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
17+- years ago my ex-husband's stepmother's sister and her husband rolled into town. They were full time RVers, Liz and Bob, living on the road. I thought that was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. I spoke to Liz at length about their life and the more she talked, the more I was on board.

At the time I was married and I told my then husband, "When these kids are gone, let's sell every thing we own and hit the road." One trip with him convinced me that that was a bad idea, but I still wanted to do it. Just not with him.

Fast forward and I still have the idea that when I retired I'd throw the dog in the car and we'd hit the road. Then I met Monello and he was the guy, so here we are - happily homeless and living our dream.

So here goes Liz: she's gone now, but if she were still alive she'd be hard pressed to remember my name. I meant nothing to her but she had a profound impact on me. She is the reason I'm living my dream today. Which just goes to show you: you are making a bigger impact than you think you are. Some dumbass like young Dee Jay is paying attention, and you are influencing her, and you are leaving a legacy whether you realize it or not.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
25 years ago this past February, I was cutting ice leaving Spa Creek in Annapolis on my sailboat heading south to do the intercoastal and then bluewater including a circumnavigation. It started as a 5 dollar bar bet with one of my bestie's and a year later I was gone for a year and a half. It was good, bad, excellent, sad, invigorating and sometimes​ ####ing scary. It was great, and if I'm capable I will do it again.

Enjoy your trip, travel safe you two and have the time of your lives.
And dance like nobody's looking......

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
She is the reason I'm living my dream today. Which just goes to show you: you are making a bigger impact than you think you are.
Some dumbass like young Dee Jay is paying attention, and you are influencing her, and you are leaving a legacy whether you realize it or not.

:yay:

In Biblical terms ... she planted a seed ....

you never know what impact one sentence, or a kind word, or a life choice may have on someone else

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I want to RV full time, but I don't think my wife would be in favor of doing it.

Vrai & Monello can you please stop by and park for awhile at our place so you can help convince her?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I want to RV full time, but I don't think my wife would be in favor of doing it.

Vrai & Monello can you please stop by and park for awhile at our place so you can help convince her?

We'll be in Solomons for a month in September - come on out! You know you are welcome any time.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Will have too, thanks.
Have you seen any RV'ers hauling a occupied horse trailer?
I see a few horse haulers that have a bunk room in the front. I guess you get use to the smell after a while.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I see a few horse haulers that have a bunk room in the front. I guess you get use to the smell after a while.

I was thinking two separate vehicles.
I drive the Diesel Pusher RV and wife tows horse trailer with pickup truck.