Body Slam a Reporter

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If You’re Excusing Gianforte Body-Slamming A Reporter, You’re Doing Americanism Wrong

How else to explain the bizarre reaction of some on the right to the story that Montana Congressional candidate Greg Gianforte had gone full The Rock on Guardian reporter Ben Jacobs, allegedly giving him The People’s Elbow? :jet:

I have no issues with this, based on what I have read, the reporter was up in the man grill, repeatedly asking the same question over and over ....
obviously Gianforte wasn't going to answer the question, but the reporter kept badgering him

as far as I am concerned the reporter was being a dick, and got what he deserved, show a little more respect for people, maybe you wont get a beat down

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Lot of the "media people" need to be slammed to the ground.. Then maybe kicked a couple times just to make a point.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Lot of the "media people" need to be slammed to the ground.. Then maybe kicked a couple times just to make a point.

Starting with that insufferable tool, Don Lemon. Ole Keef has always needed some exterior rearrangement too. It's quite the list...

SamSpade

I think the REASON they do this is, there's never any repercussions.
If you KNEW there was a chance you'd get your ass kicked - like with any OTHER person - you might not be such a dick.

Hijinx

Is there a video? I would love to see it.

These reporters think they can get in your face and have immunity.
Their rudeness is supposed accepted because they are looking to get The News.

And of course then you have the whole tribe of aholes trying to beat you down with their pens.
#### 'em the lying fake news bastids.

These same numbnuts go to war zones and get killed and think no one should shoot at them. They are The press.

Last edited:

stgislander

PREMO Member

philibusters

I have no issues with this, based on what I have read, the reporter was up in the man grill, repeatedly asking the same question over and over ....
obviously Gianforte wasn't going to answer the question, but the reporter kept badgering him

as far as I am concerned the reporter was being a dick, and got what he deserved, show a little more respect for people, maybe you wont get a beat down

People act like dicks all the time. You cannot tackle them to the ground!

People will excuse poor behavior of the politicians they support and condemn innocent behavior of politicians they don't like. For example, I dis-like Donald Trump so it is hard for me not to assign the worse motive to him possible or assume the worse. I am somewhat aware of my bias but really cannot stop it.

If Bernie Sanders had tackled Jesse Waters would conservatives have a different reaction? Almost certainly they would have condemned Bernie Sanders. Would Liberals have a different reaction? Yeah they would have defended Bernie Sanders. http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/bernie-sanders-ambush-interview-oreilly

It is human psychology, its not always what the behavior is, but who does it. Were liberals outraged when Obama went golfing. No. Were conservatives? Yes. Are conservatives outraged when Trump goes golfing? No. Are liberals? Yes. It is pretty much like that across the board. While some people are completely unaware of their bias, probably the majority of people are like myself, somewhat aware of it, but not in enough control to stop it.

This_person

Frankly, I'm all for this kind of thing amongst people at the bar. But, if you are applying to represent me in Congress, I would expect you to have the maturity level to be able to handle a heckler like that reporter without resorting to physical violence. Are you going to punch out Elijah Cummings in committee meeting? Are you going to body slam Nancy Pelosi every time she speaks to you in some condescending way?

The best revenge is to live a good life. Let your words and reputation stand, and let theirs stand. You don't need to resort to physical violence with a reporter. Of course physical violence is necessary in situations - I'm not singing Kumbya in my Prius with a COEXIST bumper sticker; but this wasn't one of those times.

Toxick

Splat
While some people are completely unaware of their bias, probably the majority of people are like myself, somewhat aware of it, but not in enough control to stop it.

I think you got it backwards. Most - damn near all - people are completely unaware of their bias. A few people, such as yourself, are aware of it.

It is possible to change. I dislike Trump. I've always disliked him, from way back - long before he started dabbling in politics. So when he first got into the game everything he said would have me rolling my eyes. I've slowly moved away from this attitude - thanks in full to the petulant hubris of the left in general, and the media specifically. Their blatant attitude of "Anyone in their right mind would agree with me" disgusts me so deeply that it is palpable. The media's blatant misrepresentation of everything Trump says and does - along with the rabid pursuit of issues which should just fade away, and the mob's reaction to what they're fed by these a-holes, physically sickens me. I find the very existence of Antifa offensive - and you have to work hard to offend me.

And, frankly, I'm somewhat amused watching the Streisand/Cobra/Blowback Effect(s) that they're making happen. For instance, I now give Trump way more of the benefit of doubt than I think he actually deserves. I am keenly aware of my bias, and I'm disciplined enough to stop it, however, I am not inclined to do so at this point, because of the above. I rather think it's possible that by the time the next election rolls around I'll be a staunch Trump supporter. Out of pure spite.

Anyway, back to your point - I honestly believe that most people are so self-unaware that, not only are they oblivious of their bias, but they will actively deny they have one, and will argue and/or fight with you to prove it.