No Two Scoops of Ben and J for Aussies

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
#BecauseGayMarriage

Ben And Jerry's To Aussies: No Same Sex-Marriage, No Two Scoops For You!

You walk into a Ben & Jerry’s ice cream store in Australia.

“I’ll have two scoops of __,” you say delightedly.

You’re screwed.

Ben and Jerry’s, which for years has been one of the leading voices pushing for same-sex marriage, is hopping mad at Australia for not accepting same-sex marriage as the law of the land, and is revenging itself on the Aussies by banning customers from having two scoops of the same flavor.

No, this isn’t a joke.

26 stores in Australia will be banned from letting customers double-dip. Here’s the ludicrous statement from Ben and Jerry’s:

Imagine heading down to your local Scoop Shop to order your favorite two scoops of Cookie Dough in a waffle cone. But you find out you are not allowed – Ben & Jerry’s has banned two scoops of the same flavor. You’d be furious! But this doesn’t even begin to compare to how furious you would be if you were told you were not allowed to marry the person you love. So we are banning two scoops of the same flavor and encouraging our fans to contact their MPs to tell them that the time has come – make same sex marriage legal! Love comes in all flavours!

Hijinx

#BecauseGayMarriage

Ben And Jerry's To Aussies: No Same Sex-Marriage, No Two Scoops For You!

You walk into a Ben & Jerry’s ice cream store in Australia.

“I’ll have two scoops of __,” you say delightedly.

You’re screwed.

Ben and Jerry’s, which for years has been one of the leading voices pushing for same-sex marriage, is hopping mad at Australia for not accepting same-sex marriage as the law of the land, and is revenging itself on the Aussies by banning customers from having two scoops of the same flavor.

No, this isn’t a joke.

26 stores in Australia will be banned from letting customers double-dip. Here’s the ludicrous statement from Ben and Jerry’s:

Imagine heading down to your local Scoop Shop to order your favorite two scoops of Cookie Dough in a waffle cone. But you find out you are not allowed – Ben & Jerry’s has banned two scoops of the same flavor. You’d be furious! But this doesn’t even begin to compare to how furious you would be if you were told you were not allowed to marry the person you love. So we are banning two scoops of the same flavor and encouraging our fans to contact their MPs to tell them that the time has come – make same sex marriage legal! Love comes in all flavours!

I have never eaten Ben and Jerry's and never intend to.
Nothing is so good that I would put my money into the pockets of these liberal aholes.

SamSpade

Wow - if I can't have a SECOND scoop of ice cream at a place I've never been - well, that will surely change my government's mind about something.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How about a little politics with your ice cream?

:lol:

I'll be curious to see how this impacts their sales in Australia.