Don Lemon LOSES IT

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
WATCH: CNN's Don Lemon LOSES IT When Guest Won't Blame Trump For Republican 'Body-Slamming' Reporter

"You don’t think it’s because the guy who’s in office now has said very horrible things about reporters and has said that the reporters are 'the enemy of the American people'?" said Lemon, cutting Dennard off in the middle of a Will Ferrell reference.

"That has nothing to do with anything?" Lemon asked rhetorically. "That people think that they can get away with it because I don’t believe that you actually believe that. There’s no way you believe what you’re saying. If you believe that’s true."

"And why do you think that is?" asked Lemon. "After a country that is, you know hundreds of years old, where we don’t have incidents like this, for the most part, and all of a sudden we’re having incidents like this now. You don’t — you think it’s just a coincidence?"

"You don’t think it has anything to do with someone saying —?" began Lemon.

"Reporters, they're the 'fake people back there.' They’re horrible people, 'the enemy of the American people,'" said Lemon. "If you think that doesn’t have anything to do with it, you are sadly mistaken, my friend."

"Well then, call me sadly mistaken, but you’re wrong," said Dennard.

"I just did," said Lemon before abruptly ended in the show. "Thank you, goodnight everybody."

Hijinx

WATCH: CNN's Don Lemon LOSES IT When Guest Won't Blame Trump For Republican 'Body-Slamming' Reporter

"You don’t think it’s because the guy who’s in office now has said very horrible things about reporters and has said that the reporters are 'the enemy of the American people'?" said Lemon, cutting Dennard off in the middle of a Will Ferrell reference.

"That has nothing to do with anything?" Lemon asked rhetorically. "That people think that they can get away with it because I don’t believe that you actually believe that. There’s no way you believe what you’re saying. If you believe that’s true."

"And why do you think that is?" asked Lemon. "After a country that is, you know hundreds of years old, where we don’t have incidents like this, for the most part, and all of a sudden we’re having incidents like this now. You don’t — you think it’s just a coincidence?"

"You don’t think it has anything to do with someone saying —?" began Lemon.

"Reporters, they're the 'fake people back there.' They’re horrible people, 'the enemy of the American people,'" said Lemon. "If you think that doesn’t have anything to do with it, you are sadly mistaken, my friend."

"Well then, call me sadly mistaken, but you’re wrong," said Dennard.

"I just did," said Lemon before abruptly ended in the show. "Thank you, goodnight everybody."

Reporters created their own problem with all of the hate they have spewed and now they try to blame that on Trump.
Certainly it has to do with Reporters and their issues. They stirred it up now they blame others for their angst.

SamSpade

You don't get to kick people in the ass repeatedly just because you're a reporter.
No matter how you feel about them, they deserve the same amount of common decency you'd extend to a complete stranger.

If you are unable to do that - you absolutely deserve to have your ass kicked by as many people as necessary until you learn that - something most children already know.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Isn't it ironic that Lemon can't see that his behavior in this interview is exactly why people have come to hate the so-called "media". He can’t see that their abusive tactic in “reporting” will result in some sort of consequences – like getting slammed to the floor. Folks are fed up. They have become disrespectful, belligerent, intolerant, and (obviously and shamelessly) biased. Lemon brought this guy on for the expressed purpose of stomping him down. It’s more sad to watch than anything else.

Chris0nllyn

Isn't it ironic that Lemon can't see that his behavior in this interview is exactly why people have come to hate the so-called "media". He can’t see that their abusive tactic in “reporting” will result in some sort of consequences – like getting slammed to the floor. Folks are fed up. They have become disrespectful, belligerent, intolerant, and (obviously and shamelessly) biased. Lemon brought this guy on for the expressed purpose of stomping him down. It’s more sad to watch than anything else.

It's too bad there doesn't seem to be a true middle of the road news source.

The left hyperventilates on everything Trump does. They certainly didn't have Obama under such a microscope (I don't recall stories about he and Michelle holding hands, what he eats, ice cream scoops, etc.), nor did they seem to dig into Obama's policies with a fine tooth comb. (It's a good thing the media is doing it, but at least be consistent).

The right simply ignores anything that does come up as fake news simply because of the incessent harping on Trump's every move.

PsyOps

Pixelated

The left hyperventilates on everything Trump does. They certainly didn't have Obama under such a microscope (I don't recall stories about he and Michelle holding hands, what he eats, ice cream scoops, etc.), nor did they seem to dig into Obama's policies with a fine tooth comb. (It's a good thing the media is doing it, but at least be consistent).

The right simply ignores anything that does come up as fake news simply because of the incessent harping on Trump's every move.

When they (the leftwing media) can find a way to blame Trump for the actions of someone else, you know they've completely lost any sense logic, reality, and honesty. They are allowing their bias to rule every ounce of their thinking. And forces them to "report" with complete dishonesty.

Chris0nllyn

When they (the leftwing media) can find a way to blame Trump for the actions of someone else, you know they've completely lost any sense logic, reality, and honesty. They are allowing their bias to rule every ounce of their thinking. And forces them to "report" with complete dishonesty.

Considering MSNBC just beat out Fox as #1, I don't think the left has any motivation to stop.

I'd like to see the right wing media discuss Trump, who has taken some credit for things Obama has done, and things he hasn't even done yet himself. Where's the right wing media holding him accountable for that? Where's the comments/threads on here holding him accountable for that?

I'm not willing to get into a pissing match about which "wing" media is worse at being worse. I just want middle ground. I'm bummed Stossel isn't on Fox Business anymore, but atleast Kennedy is still there (and easier on the eyes). Of course, middle ground is a subjective term based on how far left or right you stand.

Clem72

Considering MSNBC just beat out Fox as #1, I don't think the left has any motivation to stop.

Ratings, not viewership. Like saying Bernie beat Hillary because he had a higher favorability rating, too bad no one voted for him.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Considering MSNBC just beat out Fox as #1, .

??
Fox News Channel finished the week of May 15-21 as the most-watched basic cable channel among total day viewers despite a strong push from rival MSNBC.

On Monday, TheWrap reported that MSNBC beat both Fox News and CNN in weekday primetime among both total viewers and the key news demo for the first time ever last week. While this is still accurate, Fox News has now won the total viewer crown for 20 consecutive weeks.
http://www.thewrap.com/fox-news-tops-cable-ratings-despite-msnbc/

Murdoch's sons are hell bent to change that, though. They are going to make sure Fox is weakened considerably.

SamSpade

I'd like to see the right wing media discuss Trump, who has taken some credit for things Obama has done, and things he hasn't even done yet himself.

The general rule in Washington is - and still is - if it happens on your watch, you can take credit for it.
If it screws up on your watch, you *might* be able to blame your predecessor. Sometimes.
(I do however think the current rally on Wall Street is a reaction to Trump. Some things in the economy can spin on a dime; others do not.)

Hence, Bush does/doesn't get blamed for the dot.com bubble collapse and the recession which started almost the moment he took the oath of office. It kind of depends on who you ask.
Obama doesn't get blamed at all for the recession he inherited, and was successful in blaming Bush his entire first term.
He does however get credit for ending the wars, even though the exit and draw down began before he took the White House. He gets credit for getting bin Laden. That kind of thing.

But the economy tends to react slowly to actions taken in the previous many years - like an engine warming up slowly. Yet every President will take credit for the economy doing well even if in all honesty, it's been changing as a result of something their predecessor did, even if years earlier.

Chris0nllyn

Ratings, not viewership. Like saying Bernie beat Hillary because he had a higher favorability rating, too bad no one voted for him.

It's viewership, but in a certain demographic. Unfortunately, it's probably the young audience who is seemingly more inclined to progressive political stances. It's too bad Maddow is who they turn to.

For the first time in its 21-year existence, MSNBC beat its competitors in total viewership during primetime last week for the key 25-54 demographic, according to Nielsen Research. Fox News, meanwhile, finished third in primetime for this age group for the first time in almost 17 years.

For adults aged 25-54, MSNBC averaged 611,000 viewers. CNN finished second with 589,000 and Fox third with 497,000.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2017/05/23/msnbc-beats-cnn-fox-news-ratings-n2330884

Chris0nllyn

The general rule in Washington is - and still is - if it happens on your watch, you can take credit for it.
If it screws up on your watch, you *might* be able to blame your predecessor. Sometimes.
(I do however think the current rally on Wall Street is a reaction to Trump. Some things in the economy can spin on a dime; others do not.)

Hence, Bush does/doesn't get blamed for the dot.com bubble collapse and the recession which started almost the moment he took the oath of office. It kind of depends on who you ask.
Obama doesn't get blamed at all for the recession he inherited, and was successful in blaming Bush his entire first term.
He does however get credit for ending the wars, even though the exit and draw down began before he took the White House. He gets credit for getting bin Laden. That kind of thing.

But the economy tends to react slowly to actions taken in the previous many years - like an engine warming up slowly. Yet every President will take credit for the economy doing well even if in all honesty, it's been changing as a result of something their predecessor did, even if years earlier.

No argument here. I was talking specifically about the things mentioned in the AP article in the other thread.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

There is. It's called "Fox News".

Not Hannity, mind you - he's a pundit and conservative analyst.
Not Tucker Carlson, either.

But the actual news shows on Fox are quite fair and balanced, just like they say.

The problem is that the progpress has loaded people's minds with hatred for Fox and told them that Fox is fake news and hard right conservative, and demonized it completely. Their rhetoric is simply not true and anyone who actually watched Fox News - news, now, not the pundit shows - would find that they are indeed middle of the road with no discernible bias.

Special Report
America's News HQ
America's Newsroom

You will also note that their website shows no glaring bias.
http://foxnews.com

They have a number of liberal hosts and frequent guests and even most of the pundit shows present both sides of an issue (I think only Hannity is the exception, but I'd have to look).

So there is a news source for you, but your mind has been poisoned against it by the prog controllers that are now pissed because Americans are finally beginning to see them for what they are.

Chris0nllyn

There is. It's called "Fox News".

Not Hannity, mind you - he's a pundit and conservative analyst.
Not Tucker Carlson, either.

But the actual news shows on Fox are quite fair and balanced, just like they say.

The problem is that the progpress has loaded people's minds with hatred for Fox and told them that Fox is fake news and hard right conservative, and demonized it completely. Their rhetoric is simply not true and anyone who actually watched Fox News - news, now, not the pundit shows - would find that they are indeed middle of the road with no discernible bias.

Special Report
America's News HQ
America's Newsroom

You will also note that their website shows no glaring bias.
http://foxnews.com

They have a number of liberal hosts and frequent guests and even most of the pundit shows present both sides of an issue (I think only Hannity is the exception, but I'd have to look).

So there is a news source for you, but your mind has been poisoned against it by the prog controllers that are now pissed because Americans are finally beginning to see them for what they are.

...I'm bummed Stossel isn't on Fox Business anymore, but atleast Kennedy is still there (and easier on the eyes). Of course, middle ground is a subjective term based on how far left or right you stand.

:shrug:

That being said, I don't know if I'd consider Fox center. Right-center, maybe. But certainly leans right. You can't really claim Fox is a "true middle of the road" news source, then say, "but ignore these two guys". :lol:

I'll admit that finding said source is like finding a needle in a haystack and 99% of sources have some sort of bias.

SamSpade

What wars did Barry end?

That's part of the discussion of "how things happen in Washington". To me, Bush ended the war in Iraq, because he already had a schedule for pulling out in place - and Obama more or less followed it.
BUT ---

He tells people he ended the war. Washington logic, if it ends on your watch, you ended it. I don't agree, but - there it is.

As for Afghanistan - who knows? On paper, it ended almost three years ago. In reality - we're still there and men are still dying there.

SamSpade

:shrug:

That being said, I don't know if I'd consider Fox center. Right-center, maybe. .

Agreed.

BUT ---

I've mentioned before that, a long time ago, I called into Sam Donaldson's radio show. I think he even had George Will on with him.
Anyway, at the time he was discussing the fact that you could STILL BE FAIR even if your political leaning is known.
It's not "bias" so much as - can you be fair?

And truth be told - how many people would have guessed Shepard Smith is a dyed in the wool liberal?
Or that Chris Wallace is a Democrat? Or the late Tim Russert?
(Admittedly, Wallace is about as centrist as anyone you're likely to see on TV).

They were *fair*. And you can do that. I think FOX tries to be fair more than the other networks. Their bias is clear, but they try to cover things evenly.

Chris0nllyn

Agreed.

BUT ---

I've mentioned before that, a long time ago, I called into Sam Donaldson's radio show. I think he even had George Will on with him.
Anyway, at the time he was discussing the fact that you could STILL BE FAIR even if your political leaning is known.
It's not "bias" so much as - can you be fair?

And truth be told - how many people would have guessed Shepard Smith is a dyed in the wool liberal?
Or that Chris Wallace is a Democrat? Or the late Tim Russert?
(Admittedly, Wallace is about as centrist as anyone you're likely to see on TV).

They were *fair*. And you can do that. I think FOX tries to be fair more than the other networks. Their bias is clear, but they try to cover things evenly.

That's a *fair assesment. I think we may be discussing this on a macro level. i.e. talking about how Fox or CNN or MSNBC, etc. has a bias, when we should be talking about the moderator, as you mentioned.

*:drummer:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Agree, EXCEPT:

Who is "they"? You say "their" bias is clear - whose bias? Shep Smith's? Bret Baier's? Sean Hannity's? Geraldo Rivera's? Juan Williams'? Tucker Carlson's?

That's the thing: saying "Fox News has a conservative bias" is too simplistic and not true anyway. Fox News isn't an entity with an opinion; it's made up of people who have opinions. And those people's opinions are all over the spectrum so you get both sides of an issue. They also cover a number of stories that the progpress buries and won't touch.

They covered Trump the good, the bad, and the ugly. Even O'Reilly - who in my opinion is the fairest pundit out there - had differing viewpoints on each and every show. (Aside: I used to think O'Reilly got the dumbest, most shrill, rude, and obnoxious lefties he could find to counterpoint with. Then I watched some CNN and MSNBC and realized that, no, that's just how the lefties communicate and what passes for discourse with them.)

Hijinx

I would love to see Tucker Carlson and Don Lemmon in a televised debate.

Lemon seems able to control the little guys he gets on his show. Like to see him try that sh1t with Tucker.