First they tore down Confederate monuments. Next they’ll come for the Founders.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Matt Walsh: First they tore down Confederate monuments. Next they’ll come for the Founders.

I am not attempting to diminish the evil of slavery or suggest that the southerners who supported it were not morally accountable for that support. But I am saying that if we are not allowing men like Lee even the slightest bit of historical context, then how can we allow it for anyone else? If we say that Lee should have been so against slavery that he would have been willing to take up arms against his own children to abolish it, how can we be lenient with so many other historical icons? Why do we require Robert E. Lee to have had the abolitionist zeal of John Brown — which is what would have been needed to prompt him to raise his sword against his home and his family over it — when no one on either side had the zeal of John Brown except for John Brown? Why are Robert E. Lee and company expected to have seen slavery from a modern lens if no one else in history is held to that standard?

Well, the problem, as I say, is that others in history will soon be held to that standard. The purge will continue. The mob will move on to its next target. And how will we be better for it?

(But, hey, at least that Lenin statue in Seattle will remain standing.)

PsyOps

Pixelated
Of course, the American flag. It's really where this sort of thing leads. This is all part of "fundamentally transforming America". Do folks think that stopped when Obama left office?

SamSpade

ANYONE who ever had a slave is going to come under the scrutiny of these guys.

What's done is done. What do these folks want, ultimately?

PsyOps

Pixelated
ANYONE who ever had a slave is going to come under the scrutiny of these guys.

What's done is done. What do these folks want, ultimately?

They reject this country as it was founded, it's constitution (that was written by a bunch of old racist white men), and capitalism (the fundamental economic machine that made this country the most powerful economy in the world in less than 200 years; which these progressive absolutely hate).

I am convinced these progressive want a global centralize government. I am convinced they do not have any regard for our constitution and need to have it destroyed. They know they have to destroy any hint of our history in order this to happen.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I'm glad we got to visit Mt. Rushmore while it's still rocking those old school faces.

TWL

Kernel panic: Aiee.......
Think about this for a minute:

US removing historical items from public view.
ISIS destroying ancient sites of historical value.

Dammit! We're becoming ISIS

Hijinx

It's a bit like the Homosexuals isn't it?
First it was gay marriage, then it was transgenders, pretty soon it will be pedophiles.

Step by step it just keeps snowballing.

black dog

Free America
It's a bit like the Homosexuals isn't it?
First it was gay marriage, then it was transgenders, pretty soon it will be pedophiles.

Step by step it just keeps snowballing.

Whatever you do, don't Urban Dictionary snowballing.... :lalala:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Well that is an honest answer for how you feel--------and it isn't far off.

'black leaders' what white people out of the way so they can do what they want ...... more Reperations aka freebies for the 'Black folk'

well, until the money runs out ...... then you are living in Zimbabwe

Hijinx

'black leaders' what white people out of the way so they can do what they want ...... more Reperations aka freebies for the 'Black folk'

well, until the money runs out ...... then you are living in Zimbabwe

A state that couldn't make it without their white people.