About Time

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Frankfurt am Main (AFP) - Europe "must take its fate into its own hands" faced with a western alliance divided by Brexit and Donald Trump's presidency, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Sunday.

"The times in which we could completely depend on others are on the way out. I've experienced that in the last few days," Merkel told a crowd at an election rally in Munich, southern Germany.

"We Europeans truly have to take our fate into our own hands," she added.

While Germany and Europe would strive to remain on good terms with America and Britain, "we have to fight for our own destiny", Merkel went on.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/merkel-warns-us-britain-no-longer-reliable-partners-130825785.html

we have carried them long enough

Restitution

Frankfurt am Main (AFP)

"The times in which we could completely depend on others are on the way out.

"We Europeans truly have to take our fate into our own hands," she added.

While Germany and Europe would strive to remain on good terms with America and Britain, "we have to fight for our own destiny", Merkel went on.

It's about damn time! :yay:

tommyjo

Sweet. Trump's trip is shaping up to be even more successful than I'd hoped for.

Odd that you are for reducing America's influence (economic and military) in Europe (you know...our FRIENDS!) and you were slobbering all over yourself with the reported deals with Saudi Arabia (you know...the place all the 9-11 hijackers came from)...seems your priorities are a bit out of whack.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Odd that you are for reducing America's influence (economic and military) in Europe (you know...our FRIENDS!) and you were slobbering all over yourself with the reported deals with Saudi Arabia (you know...the place all the 9-11 hijackers came from)...seems your priorities are a bit out of whack.

You have, totally, lost it. I am sorry for you. Obama's influence made matters worse. What is wrong with you? Really.

And, there is no pin point on that event. Why are you so against America? What do you think of Robert O'Neill; the man who is given credit to killing Laden. His then young son is now vowing to avenge his father's death. Are you ok with that? Do you not have concern for your own safety, or do you think our gov will keep you safe? Obama did a lot of damage to our country. Trump is trying to fix that. Face the facts, please. Thank you.

Also, it has never been completely discovered as to the JFK assassination. 911 is another example of the American people will never really know what happened; and a lot has happened in between those two events.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
So many Americans died trying to save Europe in WWII, and beyond. I hope it was worth the lives lost. Happy Memorial Day, y'all. And, I say that to the stupids on this forum, too. :patriot:

In remembrance of Pamela Dowling USMC. She is one of the 22 military that commit suicide everyday from PTSD. My hub has been running for those lost like that for a while. He carries their pic on his shirt, and then sends the family the award for the race. He ran for Pamela this weekend. How many on here can say they do that? Especially, the few stupid sheep that post here. Here are Pamela's links:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=pamela+dowling+usmc&src=IE-SearchBox&FORM=IENTTR&conversationid=

Also, hub runs with our house American flag every Memorial day. He will be doing that tomorrow. He always gets great feed back from motorists, and people on the street. And, I know y'all know hub is a Marine. God bless, America, Pamela, and all the others that have died in so many ways to defend US. :patriot:

Last edited:

SamSpade

NATO needs to come close to their obligation to spend money on their OWN defense. It's one thing for Americans to come to the aid of their allies - it's quite another for them to lapse in their efforts to defend THEMSELVES.
Why should we maintain such a large troop presence in Germany if they're going to ignore any effort to defend themselves?
It's not overwhelming, but we have just shy of 40,000 men in Germany - if they're not keeping up their end, why should we pay to have ANYONE there?

They blow off their defense expense - expect US to honor our commitment - and get all fussy when we ask them to do the same.
I'd love to NOT pay all that money and spend it on ourselves - because that's what they are doing.

littlelady

God bless the USA
tree.png
NATO needs to come close to their obligation to spend money on their OWN defense. It's one thing for Americans to come to the aid of their allies - it's quite another for them to lapse in their efforts to defend THEMSELVES.
Why should we maintain such a large troop presence in Germany if they're going to ignore any effort to defend themselves?
It's not overwhelming, but we have just shy of 40,000 men in Germany - if they're not keeping up their end, why should we pay to have ANYONE there?

They blow off their defense expense - expect US to honor our commitment - and get all fussy when we ask them to do the same.
I'd love to NOT pay all that money and spend it on ourselves - because that's what they are doing.

Angela Merkel is a nutjob. You get what you vote for; no matter what country you live in. Europe is hanging themselves with the open border thing. There was a great meme today that hub showed me, but I can't find it. Essentially, it was a European with a noose around his neck, watering a little tree that represented refugees that will eventually hang the people that let them in. I will still try to find it. Hubs activity stream goes so fast that if I ask where did that come from, he can't find it, and gets grumpy. :lol:

Found it.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated

And let's add to it for good measure... I wouldn't be unhappy to close all of our military bases in Europe. We've sacrificed enough protecting their thankless asses. It's time we get them back here to defend our own borders. How that be for out of whack.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Your understanding of the global situation is so woefully ignorant that I don't even know where to begin in responding.

Bringing the Saudis on board in the fight against Islamic terrorism is a good thing. If you think it's not, you are mentally ill and stupid to boot.

Reducing Europe's dependence on us to fight their battles for them is a good thing. If you think it's not, you are mentally ill and stupid to boot.

Do you just never get tired of posting asinine crap on the internet? Do you truly not understand the situation or are you just ####ing stupid?

Hijinx

And let's add to it for good measure... I wouldn't be unhappy to close all of our military bases in Europe. We've sacrificed enough protecting their thankless asses. It's time we get them back here to defend our own borders. How that be for out of whack.

I believe many of the troops in Europe are of benefit mutually.
They give us forward places to fuel, and provide places to land in emergencies.
Why fly all the way from the US top Germany or Britain when we can station planes there keep a watch on what is going on.
I don't believe we should bring all troops home, we should continue to provide a watch for NATO.
And a cover there.

It would be nice if NATO appreciated what we provide at our cost.
Mrs. Merkel is pissing and moaning about Trump asking other nations to pay their fair share and crying that she feels let down.
Germany has nothing to cry about and she knows it. If needed we will be there.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I believe many of the troops in Europe are of benefit mutually.
They give us forward places to fuel, and provide places to land in emergencies.
Why fly all the way from the US top Germany or Britain when we can station planes there keep a watch on what is going on.
I don't believe we should bring all troops home, we should continue to provide a watch for NATO.
And a cover there.

It would be nice if NATO appreciated what we provide at our cost.
Mrs. Merkel is pissing and moaning about Trump asking other nations to pay their fair share and crying that she feels let down.
Germany has nothing to cry about and she knows it. If needed we will be there.

This gets to the root question: What has any of it benefited us? The world is getting worse, more violent, more unstable... What benefit has NATO provided to solve any of these problems? If we are so deeply involved in every stinking skirmish in the world, we have no need for refueling bases and such. Why do we feel like we are responsible for every global problem? All of it has only resulted in more dead Americans - and for what?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
This gets to the root question: What has any of it benefited us? The world is getting worse, more violent, more unstable... What benefit has NATO provided to solve any of these problems? If we are so deeply involved in every stinking skirmish in the world, we have no need for refueling bases and such. Why do we feel like we are responsible for every global problem? All of it has only resulted in more dead Americans - and for what?

It is probably a holdover from the post-WWII era when the United States (and Canada) were the only nations whose industrial and social structures weren't in ruins. At about that time the Russians and Chinese communist parties were pressing for world dominion and the U.S. had the military might (and nukes) to counter.

littlelady

God bless the USA

Very good post. You summed it up well. The World has always looked to America for help (that says something, right there), but when Trump says no help unless y'all kick in. It is like...what? F the rest of the world. At least, Trump is trying to fix the mess Obama left him, and that ain't going to be easy.

I think Obama should keep going abroad because he can't stand not being prez, anymore, and his ego is aching. More pics with Harry will do the trick. Not.

And, I want to see more pics of Michelle's blouse falling off. Not.

:jet:

Last edited:

SamSpade

Europeans are NOT our Friends ......

To be sure - we pretty much never have friends. We have allies. A *lot* of our "friends" were die-hard enemies at one time.
The UK and some of the commonwealth nations are about as close to friends as we have, because when we've needed THEM, they've been there.

But - people have friends; nations don't.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
...... because when we've needed THEM, they've been there.

Right ....
but at the end of the day, they are going to look out for their own interests
I think the backwards ass'ed Americans have spent more time bailing out Europe than the other way around - I'm about 1/2 way though Wilson's War [what a fluster cluck]

PsyOps

Pixelated
To be sure - we pretty much never have friends. We have allies. A *lot* of our "friends" were die-hard enemies at one time.
The UK and some of the commonwealth nations are about as close to friends as we have, because when we've needed THEM, they've been there.

Every country is spying on every country. No country trusts the others. No doubt we have missiles pointed at just about every country,not just Russia, Iran, China, and North Korea.