Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: What do you use to wax your ride?

  1. #1
    Registered User PeoplesElbow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Smackdown hotel
    Posts
    4,959

    What do you use to wax your ride?

    Up until now I just usually used something that I bought at Big Lots, whatever was cheap and it worked ok for a month or so. After reading up a bunch of detailing forums I decided that I wanted to find something that lasted longer. These "professional" detailers always deride stuff you can buy at Walmart including Meguiars which I always held in pretty high regard. Some of these folks were paying over $100 for a bottle of wax, wtf.

    I decided to take the plunge and buy something "high tech" and settled on this http://www.finishkare.com/pr-STEP_3_...ax_60_14_2.htm for about $13 off Amazon as even these guys on the detailing forums hold it in high regard. It is supposed to last 12 months or more, we will see.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

  2. #2
    Anything made by Meguiars and Mothers is what's on my detail shelf, with the exception of some polishing/buffing products that are 3M.

    I've used Big White polishing compound but none of their other products.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

  3. #3
    I got my son to Mirror Glaze my goat once......Wax on was easy,,,,,, wax off not so easy.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

  4. #4
    I use Turtle Wax ICE. Very quick and easy for a nice shine. Doesn't last terribly long tho. Works nice on plastic body parts like my Goldwing and Polaris.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Mountains
    Posts
    1,207
    I use Zaino. FinishKare is decent but I doubt you'll get 12 months protection. A sealant will give you that longevity, not a wax.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    I got my son to Mirror Glaze my goat once......Wax on was easy,,,,,, wax off not so easy.
    Maybe it works better on sheep?
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Maybe it works better on sheep?
    I've been told it works well if they are " Fence Broke " or so I was told by some boys from up in Flintstone,Md.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

  8. #8
    Registered User DEEKAYPEE8569's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Suthin' Merlin
    Posts
    10,360
    Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    Up until now I just usually used something that I bought at Big Lots, whatever was cheap and it worked ok for a month or so. After reading up a bunch of detailing forums I decided that I wanted to find something that lasted longer. These "professional" detailers always deride stuff you can buy at Walmart including Meguiars which I always held in pretty high regard. Some of these folks were paying over $100 for a bottle of wax, wtf.

    I decided to take the plunge and buy something "high tech" and settled on this http://www.finishkare.com/pr-STEP_3_...ax_60_14_2.htm for about $13 off Amazon as even these guys on the detailing forums hold it in high regard. It is supposed to last 12 months or more, we will see.
    For years.....Mother's California Gold Carnauba Wax.
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

  9. #9
    Registered User PeoplesElbow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Smackdown hotel
    Posts
    4,959
    Quote Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
    I use Zaino. FinishKare is decent but I doubt you'll get 12 months protection. A sealant will give you that longevity, not a wax.
    Almost all of the reviews that I read made sure to state that it is actually a sealant although it is called a wax.

    Was leaning to Meguiars ultimate liquid wax because I could get it anywhere but it actually cost more than the stuff I got and supposedly doesn't last as long. I was looking for something to put on my truck that I don't take as good care of as my car, so maybe wax it twice a year.

    How you like the Zanio?
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

  10. #10
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Members who have read this thread: 48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |