Speaking of back channeling with Russia

PsyOps

Pixelated
Remember this?

[video=youtube;0mgQaFlo_p8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mgQaFlo_p8[/video]

tommyjo

Just wondering what your reaction was to that comment at the time? (Bet you had a freaking cow!)

Also, wonder if you might see a difference between the conversation you posted that was done IN FRONT OF CAMERAS AND THE PRESS and this:

Jared Kushner and Russia’s ambassador to Washington discussed the possibility of setting up a secret and secure communications channel between Trump’s transition team and the Kremlin, using Russian diplomatic facilities in an apparent move to shield their pre-inauguration discussions from monitoring, according to U.S. officials briefed on intelligence reports.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...a14b4-422d-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html?

Do you see no difference? Or are you just blinded by your political bias? (No need to answer.)

Hijinx

Just wondering what your reaction was to that comment at the time? (Bet you had a freaking cow!)

Also, wonder if you might see a difference between the conversation you posted that was done IN FRONT OF CAMERAS AND THE PRESS and this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...a14b4-422d-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html?

Do you see no difference? Or are you just blinded by your political bias? (No need to answer.)

Of course I don't know the truth of any Wapo story, but with all of the leaking of trumps business by left over Obama feces eaters, I really do not blame Trump for feeling he needs a secure way to speak to Russians.If this is indeed true.

Inkd

Except that comment by Obama was made when the microphones were supposed to have been turned off. There may have been cameras and press present but it was most definitely an "off the record" comment.

Here is an interesting tidbit from the article you posted.

Russia at times feeds false information into communication streams it suspects are monitored as a way of sowing misinformation and confusion among U.S. analysts. But officials said that it’s unclear what Kislyak would have had to gain by falsely characterizing his contacts with Kushner to Moscow, particularly at a time when the Kremlin still saw the prospect of dramatically improved relations with Trump.

Also, from a different Washington Post article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...w-heres-the-backstory/?utm_term=.3707d4197eae

The Washington Post reports that presidential son-in-law and adviser Jared Kushner met with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak to set up a secret and secure communications channel between Trump’s transition team and the Kremlin. In itself, this is not necessarily surprising. The use of back channels, such as special emissaries and personal intermediaries, is almost as old as diplomacy itself. Historical agreements have been worked out and crises have been averted through secret channels that bypass established diplomatic institutions or communications. As I argued in December, the Trump administration’s desire to set up a back channel to reduce tensions — or achieve detente — was not illegal, nor was it unprecedented. Still, Kushner may be in trouble, depending on the details.

I'm not sure what those "details" may be that could get Kushner in trouble, but I'm sure they'll be disclosed in the near future, if they exist.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Jared Kushner and Russia’s ambassador to Washington discussed the possibility of setting up a secret and secure communications channel between Trump’s transition team and the Kremlin, using Russian diplomatic facilities in an apparent move to shield their pre-inauguration discussions from monitoring, according to U.S. officials briefed on intelligence reports.

Yes, I see a big difference... But first the commonality: Both Kushner and Obama were setting up 'back channels' to communicate with Russia. You're naive to believe conversations between the Obama admon and Russia weren't 'secret and secure communications channels'.

The difference is, Obama stupidly established this channel in an open mic situation; something that was meant to be kept secret. I know you're a REALLY REALLY smart person, so you're able to see that Obama is leaning over to Medvedev and talking in a most quiet tone to make sure others couldn't hear the conversation. It appears Obama was too ignorant to realize that a mic might just be open and recording.

This is the insanity about this whole Trump "back channel" fake scandal crap... Presidential adminstrations open 'secret and secure communications channels' to just about EVERY country. 'Secret and secure' meaning CLASSIFIED. You damn leftists love to pretend this is something that just started with Trump. You're so desperate to find that there was some sort of collusion in the election hacking nonsense. And when this 'back channel' crap turns out to be just that - CRAP - you'll jump on the next made up scandal in order to prove Trump colluded with the Russians.

TJ, I know you think we're all morons and too stupid to see what's going here. So this is a waste of bits and bytes... but we can clearly see what liberals are up to. And when Trump is still in the White House 4 years from now, having won his second run, you leftists still won't get that Americans are rejecting this crap that you're up to. So, while you're so busy trying to point out what morons everyone is, I'm pointing and laughing at people like you who are obviously too ignorant to see what this last election was about and how your stupid sophomoric these tactics are; and most Americans can see it.

littlelady

God bless the USA
This Russian crap by the Democrats is all Bullsh1t and we are getting tired of it.

Elephants remember, and donkeys forget. It is that simple. Hee haw! I have to disagree with you about the bullsh1t; it is donkeysh1t! And, it is extremely stinky. The bulls are innocent. :lol: Wake up America! Stop snoozing through it all.

Good post, jinx. :high5: .

Last edited: