Freddom to Play Music .....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The party-goers denied shouting “anti-Islamic abuse” and said the policewoman “took offense” at the parody song being played, prompting her to call up the unnecessary reinforcements.
Cherry Hinton, a small English town where the incident took place.

One party attendee, Mark Donovan, spoke with the news outlet following the incident, saying: “We were having a summer’s evening in my neighbor’s garden as we don’t have one. We had our karaoke machine on playing music through our phones from YouTube, which are all approved songs.

Someone must have made a complaint, and a police officer attended our address, at which time a song from YouTube called ‘the Bin Laden Song’ came on.

“This police officer said she took offense at the song and pressed her panic button on her body cam and that’s when about 10 police turned up and the police helicopter.

“They are now investigating it as a racist crime. It is ridiculous.”

Police have not made any arrests but have confiscated a phone and a karaoke machine. An investigation is ongoing.

Cop Calls in Reinforcements, Helicopter After ‘Taking Offense’ at Song Mocking Bin Laden at Party

----------------------------------------

"approved" Music .... approved by whom ? the Gov, the Party Goers ?

I know when I was in Korea in 87/88 the Gov had to approve all music imported ....
but there were also loads of 'duped' tapes from GI's with no GOV. approval stamp

well apparently parody music can get your house RAIDED if you offend a British Cop
you potentially in jail [investigation on going for now]

Hijinx

The party-goers denied shouting “anti-Islamic abuse” and said the policewoman “took offense” at the parody song being played, prompting her to call up the unnecessary reinforcements.
Cherry Hinton, a small English town where the incident took place.

One party attendee, Mark Donovan, spoke with the news outlet following the incident, saying: “We were having a summer’s evening in my neighbor’s garden as we don’t have one. We had our karaoke machine on playing music through our phones from YouTube, which are all approved songs.

Someone must have made a complaint, and a police officer attended our address, at which time a song from YouTube called ‘the Bin Laden Song’ came on.

“This police officer said she took offense at the song and pressed her panic button on her body cam and that’s when about 10 police turned up and the police helicopter.

“They are now investigating it as a racist crime. It is ridiculous.”

Police have not made any arrests but have confiscated a phone and a karaoke machine. An investigation is ongoing.

Cop Calls in Reinforcements, Helicopter After ‘Taking Offense’ at Song Mocking Bin Laden at Party

----------------------------------------

"approved" Music .... approved by whom ? the Gov, the Party Goers ?

I know when I was in Korea in 87/88 the Gov had to approve all music imported ....
but there were also loads of 'duped' tapes from GI's with no GOV. approval stamp

well apparently parody music can get your house RAIDED if you offend a British Cop
you potentially in jail [investigation on going for now]

I guess this is what happens when a country forgets freedom and becomes a partner in their own invasion.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
"which are all approved songs".

So songs in England have to be "approved"? I wonder how Hollywood and our music industry would claim 1st amendment rights and then have to comply with that? I know they think they control what is appropriate or not.....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"which are all approved songs".

So songs in England have to be "approved"? I wonder how Hollywood and our music industry would claim 1st amendment rights and then have to comply with that?

to clarify ... the UK does not have the same level of 'Free Speech' we enjoy in this country

and I cannot find anything for / against music approval for import