Trump Calls Out Abbas

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“A US official present during the meeting claims the president expressed outrage with Abbas, yelling at him regarding Abbas’ claims that his Fatah faction was not involved in anti-Israel and anti-Semitic incitement,” reports Arutz Sheva News, citing Channel 2.

“You talked to me about peace, but the Israelis showed me that you are personally supporting incitement,” Trump told Abbas, according to Channel 2’s report.

Trump’s bold confrontation came after his March meeting with Abbas, in which the Palestinian leader stood at the White House and vowed to commit his cause to peace.

“You tricked me in Washington,” the president reportedly told Abbas in Bethlehem.

For his part, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has impugned Abbas’ incredulous claims about promoting an agenda of peace and tolerance.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/16963/trump-slams-palestinian-leader-abbas-lying-about-michael-qazvini

SamSpade

Wasn't Yasser Arafat known for proclaiming all sorts of things - and then utterly reversing himself in the Arab press, because at the time it was unlikely his reversal would be caught in the Western papers?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Wasn't Yasser Arafat known for proclaiming all sorts of things - and then utterly reversing himself in the Arab press, because at the time it was unlikely his reversal would be caught in the Western papers?

Yes..always. And not just Arafat...many Arab "leaders" did that routinely. The differences were often quite stunning...completely opposite.

Hijinx

Yes..always. And not just Arafat...many Arab "leaders" did that routinely. The differences were often quite stunning...completely opposite.

It appears that no other head of state had the balls to call him on it.
Trump isn't so frightened.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
If, in fact, the claim is true (which I believe is so), maybe some eyes will be opened. Trump has always had business cojones, and it appears that has carried over to the international diplomatic front. The media should love that, as they have made a history of insulting people and cultures themselves, but not truthfully. The truth being spotlighted.