Petsitter/housesitter needed.

tuffenuff2

We are going out of town from June 7th until the afternoon of June 17th. We have 4 dogs, 3 cats, an iguana and several fish. We are looking to have someone responsible, reliable, non-smoker, non-partier with references to stay in our home and look after our animals and to clean up after them- ie vacuuming up the pet hair, washing their food bowls etc. We live in a small neighborhood where we all watch out for each other . There is a police officer who lives here also so it is quite safe here. Our friends would come over once a day to water the plants and vegetables and to make sure everything is ok. We would have to meet beforehand and have you meet the animals. Please pm me if interested.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I also contacted two people on rover.com but they have not replied yet.

Though I had never heard anything positive or negative about rover.com, I recently read about an pet sitting job that did not turn out well from someone that hired through them. Just beware. Personally, I would be leery of handing the keys of my house and my pet care over to a complete stranger.

tuffenuff2

Thank you for your advice. We are trying to be very careful about the whole process. Unfortunately we do not have any family and limited friends that we can rely on. One of our dogs is getting on in years (aren't we all) and hasn't been in a boarding facility for years. He always comes back with his normally curly tail between his legs for a week.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Thank you for your advice. We are trying to be very careful about the whole process. Unfortunately we do not have any family and limited friends that we can rely on. One of our dogs is getting on in years (aren't we all) and hasn't been in a boarding facility for years. He always comes back with his normally curly tail between his legs for a week.

Where are you located?

luvmygdaughters

Have you tried calling the kennel? They may have some people on staff that would pet/house set for you. Just a suggestion.

luvmygdaughters

Also, I cant remember the name of it, its next to McKays in Leonardtown, its a pet supply place. They may have a list or can recommend someone. Good Luck.

Christy

b*tch rocket
My daughter pet sits, but I'm pretty sure she's fully booked up the month of June but I will check and let you know.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Contact your vet and see if they have anyone that works for them that would like to house sit. That is what I did when I lived in Charleston one of the techs house sat/dog sat for me when I needed to go out of town.

nutz

We are going out of town from June 7th until the afternoon of June 17th. We have 4 dogs, 3 cats, an iguana and several fish. We are looking to have someone responsible, reliable, non-smoker, non-partier with references to stay in our home and look after our animals and to clean up after them- ie vacuuming up the pet hair, washing their food bowls etc. We live in a small neighborhood where we all watch out for each other . There is a police officer who lives here also so it is quite safe here. Our friends would come over once a day to water the plants and vegetables and to make sure everything is ok. We would have to meet beforehand and have you meet the animals. Please pm me if interested.

Try calling the Groom Room in LaPlata. 301-392-5933 they used to offer that service

or

http://www.fourpetssake.com/

tuffenuff2

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. The rover.com girl that I was talking to fell through- she wanted $100 per day plus she was terrible about keeping in touch with us. My son is going to come down from NJ during the week (summer job fell through and colonoscopy rescheduled) and our friends are going to watch them at the weekend. It would be nice to have somebody else on hand though.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Trails End Pet Sitting. Gail (owner) is really awesome. You've got quite the ranch, so it may be $$$, but her staff is great!