Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wallops Launch

Scrubbed again due to clouds. Next window isn't until 11-June at the earliest.

At least I get to sleep in this week...
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

I think you are jinxing it. Next time they schedule a launch, stay in bed and see if they go ahead.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

They're going to try again this evening between 9:04 and 9:19. At least I don't have to get up before o'dark :30. But it was nice having the parking area all to myself at that hour, only one other enthusiast. When the launches are at dusk, many people show up and are kind of crude sometimes. The worst are those arriving 2 seconds before the launch with headlights blaring. Takes forever to get your night vision back.
    The Brain

Let's hope it goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    They're going to try again this evening between 9:04 and 9:19. At least I don't have to get up before o'dark :30. But it was nice having the parking area all to myself at that hour, only one other enthusiast. When the launches are at dusk, many people show up and are kind of crude sometimes. The worst are those arriving 2 seconds before the launch with headlights blaring. Takes forever to get your night vision back.
    I'm going to head out about 8:30 and find a place here near Lexington Park to catch it.

Let's hope it goes up.

I'm going to head out about 8:30 and find a place here near Lexington Park to catch it.

ISS just flew over.....
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

Launch scrubbed.....:(
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post
    Launch scrubbed.....:(
    Again.... but it's ok as far as I'm concerned. Gets me out of the house, watch the sunset (or the sunrise as the case may be), meet a few new folks... One of these days we'll get to see the launch, and life will be good.
    The Brain

Who was down at Piney Point tonight?
    "I aim to misbehave."

Again.... but it's ok as far as I'm concerned. Gets me out of the house, watch the sunset (or the sunrise as the case may be), meet a few new folks... One of these days we'll get to see the launch, and life will be good.

Good way to look at it. Did get to see a cruise ship.LOL Try again tomorrow night.

Members who have read this thread: 99