Wallops Launch

Goldenhawk

A sounding rocket is to be launched early Thursday morning, 4:27 – 4:42 a.m. EDT. It will create artificial multi-color clouds in the upper atmosphere.

Rescheduled for tomorrow early AM. Or I guess the next day without clouds...

Hoping they will launch tonight, but there's a lot of high clouds right now. Setting an early alarm.

I'm getting tired of suiting up and then standing down every day.

Nobody would care if you stood out there in your jammies... they have the feet on them, right?

I've been getting up at 3:45, driving over to Solomons, leaving disappointed, grab a very early bfast, fall asleep until I don't feel groggy anymore. If they don't launch tomorrow I may forgo the event.

Scrubbed again, this time for ships in the 2nd stage splash area.

I've seen more sunrises this week than I have in the past 5 years...

Goldenhawk

In better news, congrats to SpaceX for a successful re-launch of a used Dragon capsule - and a perfect landing of the 1st stage a few minutes later. I love watching that stuff.

Scrubbed again due to clouds. :ohwell: Next window isn't until 11-June at the earliest.

At least I get to sleep in this week...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I think you are jinxing it. Next time they schedule a launch, stay in bed and see if they go ahead.

They're going to try again this evening between 9:04 and 9:19. At least I don't have to get up before o'dark :30. But it was nice having the parking area all to myself at that hour, only one other enthusiast. When the launches are at dusk, many people show up and are kind of crude sometimes. The worst are those arriving 2 seconds before the launch with headlights blaring. Takes forever to get your night vision back.

CdShiflett

Let's hope it goes up.

They're going to try again this evening between 9:04 and 9:19. At least I don't have to get up before o'dark :30. But it was nice having the parking area all to myself at that hour, only one other enthusiast. When the launches are at dusk, many people show up and are kind of crude sometimes. The worst are those arriving 2 seconds before the launch with headlights blaring. Takes forever to get your night vision back.

I'm going to head out about 8:30 and find a place here near Lexington Park to catch it.

CdShiflett

Let's hope it goes up.

I'm going to head out about 8:30 and find a place here near Lexington Park to catch it.

Launch scrubbed.....:(

Again.... but it's ok as far as I'm concerned. Gets me out of the house, watch the sunset (or the sunrise as the case may be), meet a few new folks... One of these days we'll get to see the launch, and life will be good.

CdShiflett

Again.... but it's ok as far as I'm concerned. Gets me out of the house, watch the sunset (or the sunrise as the case may be), meet a few new folks... One of these days we'll get to see the launch, and life will be good.

Good way to look at it. Did get to see a cruise ship.LOL Try again tomorrow night.