Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Out of Paris accords?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxick View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if Trump pulling out of the Accord causes people and businesses across the country to express their "defiance" by actively taking a more green approach to everything.
    That thought crossed my mind too.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post

Nothing is going to change. We still have internal orgs monitoring the manufacturing, stack outputs, water quality, etc..... None of that will stop just because we're not conforming to a set of rules in a worldwide organization, much of which USA developed. Our internal quality controls will press on. USA was leading the way and cleaning up our act long before the rest of the world got on board.
    Now that's a bald faced lie. You know damn well Trump is going to eliminate EPA and make all of his industry buddies rich. Then he'll take his cut when his term as President is over.

Or at least that's what Sappypus told me.

Oh, I forgot.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Now that's a bald faced lie. You know damn well Trump is going to eliminate EPA and make all of his industry buddies rich. Then he'll take his cut when his term as President is over.
    You know, I was sure someone would say that. Just didn't think it would be you.......

yes, I saw the sarc...
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    You know, I was sure someone would say that. Just didn't think it would be you.......
    I wish him nothing but success in his search for new employment.

;-p
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Blog Entries
    Ha ha ha ha haa. Turkey: "Waht?..no free money from US taxpayers?? Meh..we're out"

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...lowing_us.html
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    You know, I wouldn't pull us out because technically were not in.
    Ed Zactly.

All he did was say, "we're still not involved."
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

Saw this, this morning ...

http://www.investors.com/politics/ed...-frackin-much/

Part of it ...

"World Leaders Move Forward On Climate Change, Without U.S.," the Times headline sneered.

This would be an indictment of Trump's policies if it weren't entirely based on falsehoods and misrepresentations of what's really happening. Under the Paris agreement, the U.S. is supposed to slash greenhouse gas emissions — that is, carbon dioxide — by 28% below 2005 levels by 2025.

Other nations have what sound like equally aggressive cuts to make, until you look at the details, and see what's really happening.

As The New York Times itself noted in an article that ran just days before its article berating Trump, current plans call for at least 1,600 new coal-fired power plants around the world by 2025 — a 43% rise. China, which has been praised by many on the left for its climate "leadership," is building nearly half of those plants.

Worse, individual countries, by using tricky and downright misleading pollution accounting, are making actual increases in CO2 output look like decreases— in the same way the U.S. Congress can call annual federal spending increases "cuts." So countries like Russia, China, Indonesia and India pledge major "cuts" of 20% and more in CO2, but in point of fact will actually be increasing their output of CO2 markedly.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Worse, individual countries, by using tricky and downright misleading pollution accounting .....

China Flatout LIES
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

And Mr Macron said the US leader seemed open to reconsidering when they spoke during Mr Trump’s state visit to France last week.

"He understood the sense of my approach, notably the link that exists between global warming and terrorism. He told me he would try to find a solution in the coming months," Mr Macron said, according to le Journal du Dimanche.

The Times also reported that Mr Macron had said: "We talked in detail about what could enable him to come back into the Paris accords."
    http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...-a7844646.html
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Blog Entries
    Trump knows that the whole "agreement" will have completely unraveled after a while. The only real glue holding that suicide (for the US) pact together was US taxpayer dollars that were going to be given away.

Members who have read this thread: 43