Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out of Paris accords?

Blog Entries

Out of Paris accords?

Fingers crossed...looks like Trump will pull us out.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Oh, I thought he already had .....
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Oh, I thought he already had .....

He'd been cagey about it lately...appearing to waffle on his campaign promise, under pressure from Ivanka and some other of his admin people to stay in the agreement.

It's a sh!t piece of work that Barry signed us up for...classic globalist wealth transfer mechanism and nothing more.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    It's a sh!t piece of work that Barry signed us up for...classic globalist wealth transfer mechanism and nothing more.

Indeed
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    You know, I wouldn't pull us out because technically were not in. Barry didn't want to be second guessed by the senate so they never gave consent. I'd just send it over to them and see if they want to complete the process.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

They call me ... Sarcasmo kom526's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As long as we don't pullout of the Khitomer Accords. You know how moody Klingons can be.
    Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been.

Somewhere, a teacher is crying with their red marker after reading your dribble.

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    As long as we don't pullout of the Khitomer Accords. You know how moody Klingons can be.
    Battlda Kow loo takh. DaH Hegh.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Well, darn.....now, the U.S. won't be a global climate leader. :kicksrocks:
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

Quote Originally Posted by DEEKAYPEE8569 View Post
    Well, darn.....now, the U.S. won't be a global climate leader. :kicksrocks:

Well, I heard that various cities and states throughout the union are shouting their defiance, by defiantly saying they are going to defiantly stick to the terms of the agreement.

Which I'm fairly certain is not a problem for anyone, including Trump and his supporters.

Contrary to the leftist screeching and caterwauling, I don't think that Trump or any of his people are actually against clean air and water. Just the money-hemorrhage that is The Paris Accords. I don't remember any Executive Orders that were issued which forbids recycling, or active prevention of pollution, or any CO2 quotas that must be met.

Wouldn't it be funny if Trump pulling out of the Accord causes people and businesses across the country to express their "defiance" by actively taking a more green approach to everything. And in 100 years Trump will be synonymous with environmentalism. In five hundred years, they'll have a 900 foot tall statue of the Titan/Martyr Trump in which stories say he rid the world of "Parris Akordd" (two D's for a double-dose of pollution) who looked like a Cavity Creep and contaminated everything he touched by turning it into CO2 and Mustard Gas.
    Last edited by Toxick; 06-02-2017 at 03:34 PM.
    If I had a nickel for every gender, I'd have two nickels.

Nothing is going to change. We still have internal orgs monitoring the manufacturing, stack outputs, water quality, etc..... None of that will stop just because we're not conforming to a set of rules in a worldwide organization, much of which USA developed. Our internal quality controls will press on. USA was leading the way and cleaning up our act long before the rest of the world got on board.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Members who have read this thread: 43