Stgislander 25+3=28
OldHillCrestGuy 25+2=27
Checkered_Flag 19+2=21
HomeDepot20 15+3=18
Clevalley 13+2=15

Last edited:

stgislander

PREMO Member
Are you freaking kidding me!!! I don't pick Kyle to win often, but when I do... damn something always happens.

The gang I watch races with are all Kyle fans. They told me I can no longer pick him to win. I'm a jinx. :lmao:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Stupid question here.
What the F are stages in the race?

I don't watch NASCAR a lot, but this is the first I have seen it.

How long is a stage?
And how many are there?
Is it a piss break?

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Stupid question here.
What the F are stages in the race? Sort of like heats. They pay bonus points for the chase. Encourages actual racing before the last 20 laps.(supposedly)

I don't watch NASCAR a lot, but this is the first I have seen it. This is the first year.
How long is a stage? Depends on the size of the track and length of the race. About 30%, 30%, 40%. Last stage winner wins the race
And how many are there? Supposed to be three, but NASCAR added a 4th for the 600 at Charlotte
Is it a piss break?More like a free caution for tires.
NASCAR is trying to make it worth watching again.

Last edited:

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Are you freaking kidding me!!! I don't pick Kyle to win often, but when I do... damn something always happens.

The gang I watch races with are all Kyle fans. They told me I can no longer pick him to win. I'm a jinx. :lmao:

Sort of like me picking Brad.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
NASCAR has to do a lot more than that to get this guy to watch anything other than the major races, or even parts of them. Let the best car and manufacturer win within the rules, and those rules should not penalize those with superior cars by slowing them down so others can catch up. If they want competitive competition, build superior cars. The green white finish still sucks.

My humble opinion, of course.

OldHillcrestGuy

Sorry Homie or whoever is computing the scores, I forgot to get my picks in yesterday and noticed that nobody has updated the scores for Dover yet. So to help someone from having to go back and check my Charlotte picks, I picked Jimmie Johnson for the win and Truex Jr in my 5 picks for 6 points.

calvcopf

Dover top 5:

1. Johnson
2. Larson
3. Truex
4. Newman
5. Elliott

Standings after Dover:

Calvcopf 35+2=37
Anthony James 29+7=36
OldHillCrestGuy 27+6=33 (Charlotte picks)
Stgislander 28+2=30
Checkered_Flag 21+3=24
HomeDepot20 18+1=19
Clevalley 15+2=17

Congrats AnthonyJames and OHCG for getting the win with Jimmie Johnson!

Last edited:

DEEKAYPEE8569

NASCAR is trying to make it worth watching again.

NASCAR is at least a bit more interesting to watch since the instituted stage racing. Everybody is now racing to win a/the most/even all of them. There's not so much just riding around waiting for the last handful of laps to make a move anymore. I didn't think I'd like it, but it's not too bad. JMO of course.....

calvcopf

NASCAR is at least a bit more interesting to watch since the instituted stage racing. Everybody is now racing to win a/the most/even all of them. There's not so much just riding around waiting for the last handful of laps to make a move anymore. I didn't think I'd like it, but it's not too bad. JMO of course.....

Same here. I usually don't like the changes that NASCAR makes. But stage racing does make for better racing.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Dover top 5:

1. Johnson
2. Larson
3. Truex
4. Newman
5. Elliott

Standings after Dover:

Calvcopf 35+2=37
Anthony James 29+7=36
OldHillCrestGuy 27+6=33 (Charlotte picks)
Stgislander 28+2=30
Checkered_Flag 21+3=24
HomeDepot20 18+0=18 (Charlotte picks)
Clevalley 15+2=17

Congrats AnthonyJames and OHCG for getting the win with Jimmie Johnson!

Thanks. I think HD20 actual got one point, he started a thread under "The Ride". Probably wondering why no one else picked.:confused:

Here it is; http://forums.somd.com/threads/321108-DOVER-Sunday-June-4th

stgislander

PREMO Member
It seems to me NASCAR suspending #18 Crew Chief Adam Stevens, the rear tire carrier, and the rear tire changer four races is a little harsh. Even the announcers at the time were 50/50 on whether there would be any penalties at all.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
It seems to me NASCAR suspending #18 Crew Chief Adam Stevens, the rear tire carrier, and the rear tire changer four races is a little harsh. Even the announcers at the time were 50/50 on whether there would be any penalties at all.

Sheesh, you would think the consequences of that goof up would have been punishment enough, not to mention the entertainment value. :lol: Sounds like adding insult to injury, and I don't even like Kyle Busch.